ID:1517301

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Is there a sure fire way to allow for fonts that are either custom or simply not installed appear for people connecting?

I've read around and there seems to be issues regarding this subject.
Best response
var/list/font_resources = list('my_font.ttf')

Any font included in the rsc using single-quotes will be avaliable to use on your interface and outputs, browser controls, however, are a bit touchy about it.

The method above is just a way of referencing multiple fonts without a bunch of variables, but if you're only using one it doesn't need to be a list at all.
Sadly what I need it for is primarily on browsers. Anyway around that "touchy-ness"?
It should work, but I wouldn't rely on it.
I got the files to compile fine but they don't seem to be usable.

I'll keep trying, for one the files don't appear unless I mark show all files and I have to include the entire path - so I guess byond is not really geared towards supporting ttf's.

I'm currently testing with fonts I don't have installed, would this cause an issue?

var/list/font_rsc = list('font/Signature.ttf')
var/signfont = "Signature"

"<font face=\"[signfont]\">text</font>"

Anything I'm doing wrong?
I can't seem to get it to work.
You're using it wrong. In <font face=\...</font> you need to include the name of the font surrounded by single quotes.

<font face='Signature'></font>

That should work.
Doesn't appear to. Tried 'Signature.ttf' for good measure as well to no avail.
I had changed the name of the file, and Magnum pointed out privately that I should use the original. Works now.
Right, many TTF files have a 'family' encoded into them, it doesn't always match the name of the file.
Font file seems to only work once then never again; other people seem to be reporting the same thing. Valid bug?
I have had trouble with this as well. I needed to restart my machine for it to work again, at times it didn't show itself at all, the other made the game stuck at game loading.
I'm also interested in finding a solution to custom fonts in browsers. Webfonts should work now, in BYOND 5.0 Version 506.
http://www.byond.com/docs/notes/506.html