ID:153144

The game takes place on a planet where for thousands of years Homosapians have ruled. When a cataclysm took place killing millions and reducing man to an age of darkness. Shortly after the Cataclysm other intellegent species started to make them selves known. the Shicom from the deepths of the planet. The Neosapians came from there home planet. These two races were bent on the destruction of the homosapians. Fortunately for Homosapians another race came to mankinds aid the Elves as they are now known there true name forgotten through out the ages. but man refused their help and turn to DNA splicing for the answer but everyone disagreed on what was best for man kind.
So Homosapians split into three different species to make sure of its survival. The HighBreeds spliced to be strong fast agile and strong will. they fear nothing. But there mutation came with a price they lost intellect and common sense.
The next splice were the dwarves as they are now known. They gave up size and beauty so they could become strong and live in the ground safe from the attacks from above.
Then there were thoughs who desided change wasnt needed and stayed the same.
Soon mankind learned that Magic was indeed possible through the art of science and alchemy. Although some magic is still not understood by the world.
For Seven years man endures the forces of their enemies until by a stroke of luck the astral gate that brought the other species to there planet was destroyed and the enemy could no long get reinforcements. Mankind Survived.
shortly after the war ended and technologies were shared through out the world a new evil appeared a man claiming to be the leader of the first species on the planet, The Fallen was what they were named over time. the fallen swept through the main Continent wiping out all life so they could rebuild. this was the start of the end of civilized society.
That was 5310 its now 5450 its been 140 years since the fall of civilized society and since anyone has gone to the main continent and came back. War has spread through the world no where is safe. Thoughs that stand for justice are corrupted by power and thoughs that are Righteous fall to the darkness of the world.

The game is going to be active rpg style with an exp system and a class upgrade system. Six races and with so far Seven base classes to become. eventually I will add a lot of really cool features but first I want to get the game basics down like the map to a really good size, custom icons, finish all class upgrades, finish the exp system, all command on either the hud or by pressing a button,health, mana, power, and stamina bars. then Ill do advanced stuff like equipment making and power/spell creation. what do you all think?
Sleinth
I like it.
Good storyline. The way you're going to make it sounds a little unoriginal, fun though. Hope it works out well for you.
Just don't make it like Seika or MJ, and I'll be happy :)
In response to Elation
People should come up with different race names these days.
In response to Makubezu
well if you can come up with better names for things feel free to tell me and Ill think about it. as for it being like seikaor MJ no way we dont need any more of thoughs. I will be trying to avoid it looking or feeling like another game if possible.
In response to Sleinth
Avoiding looking or feeling like another game isn't going to do you much good. Not being a total ripoff is, however.

If you really want to avoid being like Mystic Journey or Seika, break away from a class sytem entirely, avoid total racial selection.

In my P&P rpgs, I tend to allow players to mix bloodlines and create histories. I tend to allow players some odd combinations, so long as the character concept fits. We had one character that was seeking to be a priest in a more "gothic" campaign setting.

He had an ancestor that was demon (rape situation, oh boy!), and another that was afflicted by vampirism just before bearing child. We came up with some VERY good afflictions and bonuses for him. For instance, he had problems around holy symbols, had an aversion to his reflection, and couldn't stomach communion wafers. Unfortunately, he was seeking to rid himelf of his ancestry by taking in the "blood of christ", thus purging himself of all impurity.

=D This is where it gets interesting. Time-traveling nazis included. ;P

Anyway, my point is this: Racial mixing==teh good.
In response to Ter13
I don't know about that. People try to make their characters interesting by plucking out cool features from the other 'races' instead of creating an interesting backstory.
It's a little stupid when everyone does it using lame stories like "he was a Dwarf who got lost as a child and was raised by Elves only to find out he was actually part Vampire".
In response to DarkView
Yes,I completely agree with you DarkView. I created 3 RP chars that are totally ariginal, with huge back rounds. Now, you shoulden't have to think of a backround for your char,It should just popup in your head without trying to think of a backround. If you have to think to figure out a backround, then you just made a BS char,wich doesen't mean anything.

PS.Hi DarkView,what have you been up to? It's been awile sense the last we spoke.
In response to DarkView
Believe it or not, the racial mixing fit very well with my plot --you just weren't there to see it. Aside from that issue, the example you mentioned was rather trivial and made my argument look dumb on purpose.

Rather than building characters around the storyline, I build both the story and the players around both the story and the players. Believe it or not, the characters are part of the story, thus that should be reflected.
In response to Ter13
I have been playing with a total open race and class selection system.

Players enter the world at a Immagrations office, where they fill in their Names, their Birthday, Their Race and Class.

Classes and Races are not dependant on what physcial, mental or speical traits you have. Players are given an amount of points to construct players.

Any skills in the games, you can learn at any point or time, but spending points you gain from leveling up. Leveling Up takes quite some time. Each level is 1200 exp, and the most exp you can get at one time is 1200. All monster exp gains are divided by your level. So theres no way you'll end up with 1200 a kill unless your cheating somehow.
In response to Shades
I never thought of an immigration center as a way of character creation... smart.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Classes and Races are not dependant on what physcial, mental or speical traits you have. Players are given an amount of points to construct players.

Well it IS the 21st Century.

Morals, and all that. Civil rights!