ID:153887

I was just curious how people have been implementing animated banners. It says the banner must be one of these formats: (.bmp, .jpg, .gif, or .png). Is this not correct? My understanding was that flash would have a different extension... but I'm a newbie when it comes to flash, so I'm probably wrong.
.gif allows animation.
this is quite possible easily, in a way because Flash 5 allows you to publish your work in .GIF format, therefore it is technically allowable for this to work.
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
this is quite possible easily, in a way because Flash 5 allows you to publish your work in .GIF format, therefore it is technically allowable for this to work.

We tried using SWISH 2.0, exporting to .avi, then converting to .gif using "avi-gif" (a utility we found on the web). However, the banner was pretty messed up by the time I uploaded it to the hub. I'm not sure which step in this process caused the corruption, but I was hoping to get some advice on a better selection of free utilities we could use instead.
In response to Dramstud
Well, im not sure if you would but you *could* send me the .fla and il use my flash to turn it into a gif for you?
but other then that, it seems you have put a lot of effort into doing something relativly simple, do you not use the registered version?
or you could take screen shots and Gif those?