ID:155678

I've had major issues with coding, and the reference/guide (blue book) that's on the byond sight doesn't really affectively help me. I was wondering if someone was able to "assist" me or just link me to tutorials or something that can help me step by step.
The best way to learn is to simply go through the guide and every time it gives an example on a certain topic, mimic the code and see how far you can edit it before you get lost. I don't think anyone can really proficiently learn DM by just reading the guide. You have to experiment and edit to see what works and what doesn't. This is the best advice I have for new programmers, as it's the way I learned how to program, and i consider myself a fair coder.
Hi there fellow traveler to the world BYOND your imagination (... or something like that).

The following link will help you get started with programming in DM, including links to various tutorials:
http://www.byond.com/developer/articles/start

This link can be found under Developer > Resources
In response to AlexisRW
Alright, I appreciate that tip and the link greatly. I'll do an experimental test world to see how far I get. I want to be able to make my own project, and hopefully have it released as soon as I finish or get "playable" things going. I appreciate this greatly you two!