ID:1559280

Resolved
BYOND Version:506.1244 (VS2013)
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 11
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:The app crashed overnight.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Connect to a game.
2.Let it sit overnight, I never had it happen when my PC power settings were set not to go to sleep, turn hardware off, etc...so I think something about losing internet/the pc going to sleep and having to be woken up is when the issue happens.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:To be able to leave it open to play in the morning without it crashing.

Actual Results:The app crashes every night.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I haven't seen it happen yet in the non-vs2013 build but I haven't been testing using it a lot.

Workarounds:
None known.

***Information from the event viewer.

Faulting application name: dreamseeker.exe, version: 5.0.506.1244, time stamp: 0x535ae1c6
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000129bf
Faulting process id: 0x468
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf60dca5c3ec16
Faulting application path: C:\Users\[Name Hidden]\Desktop\byond 506.1244\bin\dreamseeker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\[Name Hidden]\Desktop\byond 506.1244\bin\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: fcd00f9e-cd5a-11e3-bee7-00235405775f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I was unable to reproduce this issue by trying sleep or hibernate. However I took a look at your other report on the loops, because I thought they might be related, and the crash is happening in the exact same place. I suspect it's happening for the exact same reason, and therefore that the other fix takes care of this too. Please retest in the next build.
I am no longer getting this crash in 506.1246 I could make it happen pretty reliably before, I don't know why this would happen when connected to a game server ever, since those errors shouldn't be propagated to the client...? And I wasn't even hosting, I was also not playing singleplayer but was connected to a multiplayer session...

But either way it seems to be fixed now, so this can be closed.
Tom resolved issue
The problem was in the error message being printed. I believe the sleep was disconnecting you.