ID:156498

I'm pretty interested in how this can work to integrate paypal into a browser-like interface of byonds' to make an in-game shop and it may help those that want to do the same in the future. Due to paypal's flexibility, the process in doing so look plausible (by looking at it), seeing that you need to set flags of what is being bought before going through the checkout. BUT, as I had seen byond's nature, getting back from the checkout play via portal so they can get their things instantly could present a problem (like going back into the game again but without loading it again and kicking users off for multi-logging).

But this is from a mental prospective as I have not test it. But I do wonder if it's possible to do so and how would someone code it in sufficiently to work. This info may help others that are interest in making in-game buyable content, such as alternate currency, 'rent' items, and item packages.
Have you tried contacting tsfreaks, the creator of PopLava?
In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:
Have you tried contacting tsfreaks, the creator of PopLava?

If I can recall correctly, tsfreaks doesn't have it automatically add the ability to buy something from the click of a button instantly. From what I gathered, his process is:

You Pay via PayPal -> Wait for him to be Active -> He updates your data to have in-game currency.
Is it possible, yes, it is.
It is easy, not really. I guess the best option would be to go through PHP and have that handle the purchase and validation, then simply update either the MySQL database for the game directly, or have PHP notify BYOND via a world.Topic.
Worth noting this is possible, but if the game contains any form of content you don't own (icon packs, it being a fan-game etc), you won't be allowed to.
I can't conclude this topic just yet in case some people don't know how to use php/mysql (nor know that you need additional files for php to be readable). In this case, me included, because I like to focus on learning fully how to use DM rather than stack another language in my cranium.

I figure another way to go about it is once the items are set before going to checkout, a confirm warning will appear that explain that the item will activate as soon as they press to checkout and if payment doesn't follow through, the character will reset. Meaning, the game will save the original player as a back-up and the items bought will be given to them. This sends message to the server of all the orders made and by which user that the admin can check. If the payment follow thought, s/he can confirm the order as payed. If not, the player save is reverted back and whatever progress made afterwards is lost.

May need more alternatives ideas that are accessible for both experience programmers and newbies on the subject.