ID:158041

As the title says I'm looking to see a way of shutting down the world if its unreachable. Does anyone know how I would test if it was reachable player side?
You could world.Export() to that world's address and use the shell() proc to call the taskkill command for Dream Daemon in case world.Export() returns false.
But that will only work if the world is unreachable to the server computer, too (for example, when the world crashed)
In response to Nielz
What I have come up with currently is a central server that will export a statement and ask the host to authenticate, then I can terminate if the world does not receive the export from the central server.
You can generally do this by checking if the world has an internet_address, a var which is determined by communications to the BYOND Hub, and if the server is unreachable to the hub (or the hub is down), it will be blank.
Note that, of course, you need to give a chance for the server and the hub to talk before checking it, meaning you shouldn't do it immediately after world creation.