ID:1580730

BYOND Version:504
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 35.0.1916.114
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Kind of a continuation from: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1382133&hl=blurry

In my current project I use a 2:1 aspect on my multiple maps, 32x32 stretched to 64x64, and when hardware mode is off it looks extremely blurry. (This is not so much the issue.)

The skin/interface is pretty much small 32x32 boxes on top of eachother in a very tiny window and upon mob/Login I winset/winshow them to whatever I need - including pulling client resolution using javascript.

I think it's a combination of having multiple maps and a lot of winset() going on in mob/Login - I had it under client/New() and Lummox suggested moving it under Mob/Login() but to no avail.

I kind of ignored the issue since toggling hardware mode off/on fixed it.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
I have not really been able to reproduce the issue on a fresh environment - but I am willing to email what I have.

Does the problem occur: Inconsistently, but about 75% of the time on 80% of the maps.

Workarounds:
Turning hardware mode off and back on initializes everything.
Winsets definitely don't belong in client/New(), but I think the main issue you're having is using too many auxiliary maps. Your video card is ultimately going to hit a limit somewhere or other.
It runs fine if I re-initialize it in hardware mode though. Could initializing the 4-5 maps at the same time as determining which mode should be used be confusing the system?
Most issues I've seen like that have been timing-dependent, yes. I'm not sure why. Given that timing is a factor it may be something we could work around with some kind of check that tries to reinitialize later, but I'm not sure what would be involved.
Could it be something like winset(src, null, "command=.hardware") or a client proc? Totally redundant but still useful for those who may need it?
I don't recall if it's supported from a server-initiated winset, but the correct command is actually ".configure graphics-hwmode on".
Oh there's already a command? I'll try it out.

Edit: Doesn't appear to work unfortunately.
Seems to work for me through winset(), Jittai.
winset(src, null, "command=.configure graphics-hwmode on")

Like this? I'm not able to get it to work or it's not applying to all the maps.
You're using spaces - you should include escaped quotes.

winset(src, null, "command=\".configure graphics-hwmode on\"")

Sometimes it doesn't take affect unless you toggle it and then turn it back on. The configuration can get be set to hardware, (inside the seeker.txt) while the map is displaying software because of whatever makes DS switch to software. To override that, set to software and then back to hardware.

winset(src, null, "command=\".configure graphics-hwmode off\"")
winset(src, null, "command=\".configure graphics-hwmode on\"")
Seems to work now, thanks!
I think it's actually a problem with multiple maps, not winset()s in Login(). I had the same issue here, but I didn't have winset()s in my Login() proc.

Adding the toggle on and off to Login() fixed it.
You're all welcome.