ID:164973

Can anyone give me a good example of map saving? I need to implement this into my game because people can own houses, and can build on them too.
Map saving is a little bit tricky, so I'd recommend using one of two sets of libraries to help you do it.

The first, and easiest to use, is dmp_reader and dmp_writer by IainPeregrine. With two lines of code, you can save, or load a map, and the library will try to put it in the right spot.

The second, and harder to use, but more powerful, is SwapMaps by Lummox JR. It has more features than IainPeregrine's libraries, but like I said, it's harder to use.

If you just need simple map saving and loading for a few maps, I'd go with IainPeregrine's libraries. If you want to do something more complicated, say for example template maps, or instanceable areas/battle arenas, I might take a look at SwapMaps instead.
In response to Jon88
Do you mean like just to save the objects that are on the map and such? If so write it up like a normal save file, but save the items locations and such then load it up like you would a normal save file.