ID:1658384

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I am creating a project that uses Export() to transmit information from server to server, However because of how BYOND is constructed in the networking department, there is a massive delay with each call, AND numerous times, will that "Possible Denial of Service" error log show up. To my master and slave_servers.

I was just hoping for a feature to make the DoS check optional so nobody gets affected as a result.

Or improving upon world.Export() could help as well, as there is a few ms to s lag between calling Export and when Topic() receives it. Even for local-hosting.

http://prntscr.com/4d7l0n
Not only is DreamDaemon receiving it, so is the slave_server hosts, changing this from Dream Daemon to DM Language Not sure what it applies to.

Also, I should mention, I am using persistent, but it seems to disconnect, as if it were not.
The persist mode was disabled (it does nothing currently) a while back due to some issues. This is probably related to the DoS detection since the numerous connections is triggering a red flag.

As I noted in a different thread, improving Export is fairly high on the priority list. I think we can bring back the persist mode in working form and that will solve your issue. However, we have to attend to other things first.
In response to Tom
Understood, thanks for the reply :)