ID:1677616

BYOND Version:507.1256
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.103
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Each time a sound plays that has reverb on it, the reverb ends as soon as the sound ends. The reverb tail should continue to play even though the original sound clip is done.

The files I am trying are .ogg files, for example, foot steps with reverb effect.
Do you know if this works in other web pages (non BYOND) that play sound? I suspect it is just an issue with the tag (which we translate to).
If I knew of a way to test what you're talking about, I would gladly try it out. Unfortunately, I will be a newb to all of this web-stuff whenever I get around to writing that part of the client.
Out of curiosity, are you talking about reverb in music files? Because we don't support environment/echo foo in the webclient at this time.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Out of curiosity, are you talking about reverb in music files? Because we don't support environment/echo foo in the webclient at this time.

Yeah, I don't consider .mod or .midi to be a very good solution for music playback in game. Everything I'm talking about is the .ogg format using the environment/echo foo.

The actual environment/echo effect DOES occur, but it just gets cut short.

Do the 3D (pan/volume) effects work?
3D sound doesn't work at the moment.
This might be of some interest to you: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webaudio/games/
Yeah, it looks like all the support we need is in there. I'm not sure what all is buggy at the moment. We use StageXL for webaudio (mods & midis use a separate system); last I checked, it didn't support all of these options but I'm sure it will happen as the author is very productive. If not, we can always hack at it ourselves.