Space Station 13

by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:1678660

Now BYOND has enabled the webclient in the beta build, I was expecting a SS13 server to go up with the webclient build, but it appears not.

Will anyone be upgrading a server anytime soon to test the beta build, or are you doing it privately?

I would love to see how a game this big handles the webclient, and I am sure that it would find quite a few bugs in the beta build that would help bring around a more stable version.

Edit: I tried this out in Baystation 12. Looks like all that needs to happen is on Client/New(), the connection "web" should be accepted along with "seeker". Changing this and running the game appears to have no game breaking problems.
So far none of my tests have made it past the loading screen. It eventually opens up to the lobby but with no map displayed and nothing responds to clicks.

Holding out hope that it'll eventually handle the game.
Very strange. I made it into the game without issue.

What version are of server are you using?
Also what build of BYOND? I am using 507.1257

Have you tried to connect to the one I put up? SS13 Webclient

Goonstation and 507.1257

We didn't have a thing to reject non seeker clients so it isn't that.

Your link seems to work. Must be a problem in our skin file.
I did get both the web clients running successfully when they were available on the byond space station 13 servers page.

I think the skin issue only affects new players, logging into a space station 13 server works if you've already created your character in the game using dream seeker.

If you setup a server and then enabled web client, players should be able to create their characters using the normal game client and then login to the web client to play in the browser. that's obviously not ideal, but it worked for the tg server I tested and the other weird server with the terrible UI that had a web client. (I don't remember what it was called, but even the dream seeker window looked confusing, no offense to the guy that was hosting it)

There's probably other issues, but the primary one seems to be that the start game dialog doesn't work well or at all in the web client for most ss13 servers.

Now that verbs are supported, I think the UI needs work, but character movement and at the very least killing yourself and exploring the map, is possible at least on tg.

I only took one screenie from the time I got a remote connection to the web client to work, but the bare-bones stuff looks there.

If particular codebases have webclient issues, it would help a lot to send me a copy of the code that I can compile and run as a test (along with any info on what's not working, what things should look like vs. what they do, etc.).

I did a bunch of testing with some not-too-old BayStation 12 code, and had to remove the "seeker" restriction. Its skin uses elements that do work in the webclient, including conditional winsets.
I need to add: Please encourage everyone who finds a bug in the webclient to post in Beta Bugs. I can't fix what I don't know about.
http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=180952&page=11#comment12414362

I feel like someone should link to the newest version of the byond webclient beta.

I might download a tg build and test it out in a localhost but if it's got full skin support then there shouldn't be a problem.