ID:172383

It is still supported right? Maybe I did something wrong:

mob/verb/Beep()
usr<<"<BEEP>"

My volume is up, speakers are on, sound in DS is on, and I tested sound through DS by visiting Seika and hearing the music, but I still hear no beep. =(

Could it be because I'm on 338 still? Any help would be appreciated.
YMIHere wrote:
It is still supported right? Maybe I did something wrong:

> mob/verb/Beep()
> usr<<"<BEEP>"
>

My volume is up, speakers are on, sound in DS is on, and I tested sound through DS by visiting Seika and hearing the music, but I still hear no beep. =(

Could it be because I'm on 338 still? Any help would be appreciated.

Huh? At best you would be sending your self an message with nothing, since it would auto maticly think that since it has < and > around it, that it's html. In dream maker hit f1 on your keyboard and then look up sound.
In response to Wanabe
There's a <beep> tag just for DS.

http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/app3.html
YMIHere wrote:
Could it be because I'm on 338 still?

Nah. It's a pretty old (and obscure) feature. =)

I've never actually tried to use it myself. Perhaps it only works over telnet or something? (Amazing, a BYOND feature that's telnet-only... chuckle.)
In response to YMIHere
YMIHere wrote:
There's a <beep> tag just for DS.

http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/app3.html

I forget where it is, but somewhere in the guide it states that <BEEP> no longer works. I think it was disabled since it was pretty much just used to annoy people.
In response to Crispy
From the DM Reference:

In addition to these, the <BEEP> tag, which is not standard HTML, may be used to beep the terminal.

That is the only mention of <BEEP> in that manual. I see nothing hinting about it being disabled in either that reference manual or the DM Guide.

EDIT: I found this from Spuzzum about <beep> being disabled: [link]
In response to CableMonkey
Thank you all. I thought I searched the forums, but apparently not(or not good enough). Sorry for this waste of space.

/me slaps himself on the back of his hand.