ID:1730534

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Just two things to help deal with altering large amounts of icon states.

1. The ability to choose whether or not copying and pasting a larger icon size into a smaller one names all the smaller ones by tile reference. You can already have icon states with the same name and sometimes when people need to change icon sizes around having to rename each state as well as remove extra ones can be a little tedious.

2. Right now if you alter a color in the pallet it changes that color for every icon state in the icon. Color swaping however doesn't seem to support this, as swaping with in the pallet just applies to the icon you're currently editing.

Recently I had to size down some icons, and there was a lot of different states across files. I had to mass shift them by a few pixels in MS Paint. (I don't think a mass-shift feature would be that worth while, but feel free say if it would be?), but I'd like an ability to color swap an entire icon at the same time so I can get back the transparency with out having to go into each icon_state like I am now. + having to rename each state I need.
I personally find it easier to just make my icons in Paint.NET and copy/paste them over
The thing is I am a few weeks into a project and now decided to try a smaller icon size, so all the files are done in DM already. Also, I can't seem to open dmi files in paint.net; editing each state would/could be done just as easily (or not so easily) in DM.

I was able to open it in MS paint, select all, and shift them by 4 pixels, which saved like maybe 5 minutes of work each file. But now I lost the transparency and all the state names are renamed by tile.

And upon searching it seems there was some support for mass editing features (but not these specific requests) by the staff/devs, at least by Lummox.
Make a copy of the DMI file.
Change the extension of the DMI file to PNG by renaming it.
Open Paint.NET.
Open the PNG with Paint.NET
Edit as needed
Change the extension of the original file to PNG by renaming it.
Open the original file, which is now a PNG with MS Paint.
Copy the edit from Paint.NET onto MS Paint.
Save using MS Paint.
Change the original file's extension back to DMI by renaming it.

(This does not support alpha/transparency uses)
If you use TweakPNG on the original file, you can grab the text description section of the icon. If you use an editor that doesn't preserve that section, like MS Paint, you can always re-insert it with TweakPNG.