In response to 8BitParagon
Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound offensive. Biased might have been a better word.

Just because I haven't released anything doesn't mean that I'm not actively working on something, which I am. I'm just not very quick about it. I have very high standards of polish, which is why I refuse to release things in their current condition. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I'm not making the usual MORPG that you always see around here. Also, I have only known the DM language well enough for about a year now, so I'm still learning new things as I go. While you haven't seen any proof of my work yet, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone you know nothing about.
In response to Multiverse7
Multiverse7 wrote:
I have very high standards of polish, which is why I refuse to release things in their current condition. I'm kind of a perfectionist,

I'm this way as well, but I'm realizing that there's nothing better for aspiring devs to do than to just release something, no matter how unpolished it is. Set a deadline and stick to it. It'll suck, but the more projects you do like this, the easier it'll be to polish new projects to your liking.

This also isn't about contributing projects that will get BYOND some kind of credibility and new player base. It's just about becoming a better dev in general, and it's something I'm learning as well.
In my eyes.

Falacy And Berlin2222 have to be at the top really. Int he earl years of Bydon pretty much we were playing Dragonball and Naruto. And Falacy as well as Berlin2222 -controlled- the market with 'Heroes United' and 'Naruto Generations'.

Byond's Gangsta
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'm this way as well, but I'm realizing that there's nothing better for aspiring devs to do than to just release something, no matter how unpolished it is.

This is something even AAA developers are doing now.
Yeah, obviously you should break off from that behavior eventually when you want to get serious. Good thing the AAA developers don't need to worry about their IPs selling poorly and can release whatever the hell kind of unpolished, broken turd they want.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Yeah, obviously you should break off from that behavior eventually when you want to get serious. Good thing the AAA developers don't need to worry about their IPs selling poorly and can release whatever the hell kind of unpolished, broken turd they want.

Oh yeah. Just like THQ could, right? Oh wait, they bankrupted over a single failed game. Whoops!
i dont care what anyone says about THQ, they had the best slogan and thats all that matters

edit: wait
Anybody remember Crashed and Nature Nutz? For Evil Residents?
<3 Crashed.
Tarq/WizDragon for Dragon Warrior Legacy.

Leftley for Lode Wars.

SilkWizard for Proelium.

Xooxer for Chatters.

OneFishDown pushed the limits with isometrics in the early days.

I've been here since 2001, so I'm sure there's a few that I am forgetting.
The saddest part about this list is that you've all forgotten Lord Raven, who made Dream Forge. -THAT- pushed the BYOND program to its limits. I am the sole keeper of his work at this point and it's fantastic in which what he could do with an engine most would consider mundane.
I remember dream forge... It was amazing. Anyone still have host files?
In response to CyanStorm
CyanStorm wrote:

I have the source. I have the fullest intentions to push the project forward eventually whenever my life isn't so hectic with work and kids.
In response to Xorbah
Xorbah wrote:
CyanStorm wrote:

I have the source. I have the fullest intentions to push the project forward eventually whenever my life isn't so hectic with work and kids.

I know that all too well... If you ever do start working on it, let me know and I'd be more then willing to assist in anyway possible.
In response to CyanStorm
CyanStorm wrote:
Xorbah wrote:
CyanStorm wrote:

I know that all too well... If you ever do start working on it, let me know and I'd be more then willing to assist in anyway possible.

For sure! I'm pulling 40+ hours of overtime a week right now and have 2 little ones, so my projects are nearly halted right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6