ID:179133

I used the following code within a "view rules" verb:
usr << browse(file("rules.html"),"window=rules;size=640x480;margin= 0")

According to the byond reference, this should create a new browser window. However, all it is doing is pushing the "browser" button in DS and showing me the tiny built in browser window. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the browse() proc? Could this be a configuration issue with dreamseeker (ie. a DS parameter I need to set somewhere?)

Thanks!
to my knowledge, browse() is for HTML things in the built in browser. I may be wrong.
In response to dbz73
In the betas you can make popup windows.
I think you need to browse_rsc for the html file first:

mob/verb/View_rules()
usr<<browse_rsc('rules.html')
usr<<browse(file('rules.html'),"window=rules;other stuff here")
In response to Nadrew
It turned out to be my DS version... I had a beta from a couple weeks ago (v36 maybe?), but now with v41 it works fine.

I was also wondering what would happen if I set the size for 1024x768, and somebody runs the game with smaller screen resolution? Would it just scale down to their maximum resolution, or cause some havoc?

Nadrew wrote:
I think you need to browse_rsc for the html file first:

> mob/verb/View_rules()
> usr<<browse_rsc('rules.html')
> usr<<browse(file('rules.html'),"window=rules;other stuff here")
>
dramstud wrote:
I used the following code within a "view rules" verb:
usr << browse(file("rules.html"),"window=rules;size=640x480;margin= 0")

Make sure you are running the latest beta. The previous ones had a glitch with browse(file). Also, you should probably just do:
usr << browse('rules.html',...)

because that compiles the rules into your game rather than requiring that file to be located in the world directory at run-time.
In response to Dramstud
dramstud wrote:
It turned out to be my DS version... I had a beta from a couple weeks ago (v36 maybe?), but now with v41 it works fine.

I was also wondering what would happen if I set the size for 1024x768, and somebody runs the game with smaller screen resolution? Would it just scale down to their maximum resolution, or cause some havoc?

Havoc, they couldn't be able to view anything over their resolution.