Guardians' Song

by AnthonyHawkina
Guardians' Song
A Play-by-Post RPG, Join a journey into the multiverse of the Guardians' Song
ID:1809047

The normal host things are just missing with this version and I've not found anywhere how to. This means that unless one relies on those already able to host, No one new can start an rp/server. So, I was hoping someone who already knows how could come and share how one does do with me, and anyone else who cares to look.
Hosting is pretty easy.

First you need to download a working version. (Normally the latest.) You will find this in the about section of the hub. Currently that is 2.2.1 is the last stable we released.

Second open byond, open the dream deamon, and link that to the RP Unlimited.exe you just downloaded. This will set everything up, set a port number, and then click the go button.

You are now hosting. Click the yellow button and you can log in.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now getting people on your server can be harder. This is because normally a routers firewall prevents access to a computer inside the firewall.

To get around this the port (number you selected for it) needs to be opened. While this can be problematic for some you can find more information on how to port forward here. ( http://portforward.com/ ) Keep in mind all routers are different and it is a common error. I would make this easier but there is nothing I can do on RP Unlimited's end or Byond's end that I know of to get around this.

After you can get people on, if you plan to take your server public. You either need a subscription stating you support the community and apply to the TOS of RP Unlimited or contact either AnthonyHawkina or Lloyd Ishtar for approval. Basic approval requires a world info section and somewhere or way to make a character. In asking for approval it means your server is open to accept new characters to start, also you apply to all rules of the RP Unlimited Terms of service.

Hopefully this helps and can get you on your way to making your new RP.
I have the port forwarded, but It still doesn't work.
What are your settings in dreamdeamon?
I would say try another port it could be that port is mandatory to something else you have running
But I've tried multiple different ports, Some that I've actually used to play online games. None work.
Do you have the ports forwarded through your firewall, or have you allowed Byond access through the firewall? This could kill a lot of connections.