ID:181629

I don't want to post a bug report on this (dont wanna bug the BYOND staff), because I'm decently sure it is just something wrong with my computer.

Has anyone encountered the error message 'Entry Point Not Found', "The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"?

My windows install is a bit wonkey at the moment, was having some annoying virus problems, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

Any thoughts?
That error would indicate an issue with the .dll, not whatever is using it.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
That error would indicate an issue with the .dll, not whatever is using it.

I assumed as much. >_> Time to start googling. :(
AJX wrote:
I don't want to post a bug report on this (dont wanna bug the BYOND staff), because I'm decently sure it is just something wrong with my computer.

Has anyone encountered the error message 'Entry Point Not Found', "The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"?

My windows install is a bit wonkey at the moment, was having some annoying virus problems, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

Any thoughts?

I'm assuming you did a fresh install of 462 instead of using the internal update in the pager? I think that the library we're redistributing with the install may have some issues on certain windows systems. I built in under windows 7 instead of the usual XP. Three users have reported this already so obviously something is up. I'll look into it.
In response to Tom
How are you finding 7 for BYOND's purposes, incidentally? See any features you think BYOND fits well with?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
I'm assuming you did a fresh install of 462 instead of using the internal update in the pager? I think that the library we're redistributing with the install may have some issues on certain windows systems. I built in under windows 7 instead of the usual XP. Three users have reported this already so obviously something is up. I'll look into it.

Yessir. Brand new install. Gunna try doing old then new and see how that works out.

EDIT: 461 install successful, automatically updated after ran, 462 functionality successful.