ID:1823601

Descriptive Problem Summary:oview() says in the documentation it excludes Center and it's content...but when using oview() it's affecting things that are under the player...now does it not mean that oview() should not have anything in it's list that is at the players location...because I use view() and oview() and the list is identical even if it's listing turfs...this should definitely NOT be the case...right?

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:Use any code that uses view() or oview()

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
verb
Test_View()
world<<"Your location is [x], [y]"
for(var/turf/a in oview())
src<<"[a.x], [a.y] is in oview()"

Expected Results:Not to see it say the same location as yours for the in oview() test.

Actual Results:It lists all turfs in view() including the one at your location.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:Filter out items manually using a for() loop like that...instead of using view()<< or oview()<<

I've moved this to Developer Help because this is not a bug.

Superbike32 wrote:
oview() says in the documentation it excludes Center and it's content...but when using oview() it's affecting things that are under the player...now does it not mean that oview() should not have anything in it's list that is at the players location...because I use view() and oview() and the list is identical even if it's listing turfs...this should definitely NOT be the case...right?

Just as you said, the reference says oview() excludes Center--the point of reference, which is usr by default--and its contents from the result. It does not say it excludes Center.loc.

Exactly as the reference promises, oview(usr) excludes usr and usr.contents only. usr.loc and any other objects in it will be included in the results.