ID:1848955

Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Is there any chance we can get the ability to set macros in the webclient like we do in Dream Seeker/Options & Messages?

I know they wouldn't be able to save currently as BYOND has no sense of storage in the webclient but can we get the support for this?
Yes, having some client config stuff is a goal. At the very least, I'd like to improve communication between the game and the outer site so that if the game appears on your own site, you could provide JS to interact with it.
I sort of wonder, can't this be accomplished as a custom webclient element? I haven't really tried working on the webclient yet but I always figured it would be possible to create a library for plug-in control that accomplishes the same if not better macro support as dreamseeker

Saving the macros on client side would be another challenge but it's probably possible.

I'm asking because I've been wanting to try accomplishing this for awhile now but I never really tried, I just think it'd be cool if the community worked to make control/elements people could plug in to make their webclient dev easier.
In response to Rotem12
Rotem12 wrote:
I sort of wonder, can't this be accomplished as a custom webclient element? I haven't really tried working on the webclient yet but I always figured it would be possible to create a library for plug-in control that accomplishes the same if not better macro support as dreamseeker

Quite a lot can be accomplished with custom elements. The functions to create macros already exist, so the only issue is communicating with the user's browser to hold locally stored info. If you have the game on your own site, you'd probably want localStorage there to hold the macros, so that's why better communication between the outer and inner frames is needed.

I'm asking because I've been wanting to try accomplishing this for awhile now but I never really tried, I just think it'd be cool if the community worked to make control/elements people could plug in to make their webclient dev easier.

I encourage anyone who'd like to create new webclient controls to do so. Doohl has been doing some interesting work here, and you could always reach out to him as a resource as well. If a control is useful enough to a lot of games, it could even be adopted into the standard lib.