ID:1855002

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I have tried to download several resources from the developer section of the website, and it acts like it is downloading meaning the association with BYOND links is working in the browser.

However even though the association is there and I choose to use BYOND to open the download links it does not download. I am just trying to figure out if it is just me, or if if it is a bug. I am going to try doing a fresh install of BYOND to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Fresh Install did not work. Going to try and clear cache. Never know.
EDIT2: Clearing BYOND Cache and Browser cache did not work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling browsers before I posted.

EDIT3 downloading the zip file works.
I'm not sure I follow you. Can you describe the process in detail?
I go into the developers section of the website go onto the hub of a resource I would like to download. I click the oranage download button. A popup appears asking me what I wish to open the link with. I choose BYOND as the default association. After that the window will disappear ,and at that point the pager should start the download process, which it doesn't. I use firefox just to verify my browser.
Best response
If you have a popup asking you what to open the link with, BYOND is not installed properly on your machine. I suggest you do the full .exe install (and make sure you run as administrator).
It only does it once. Once I click remember my choice it never pops up again. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling will try it as administrator see if it changes.
Okay, surprisingly running the install as admin fixed my issue. That's so weird. I have never had to do that before when installing. Any particular reason as to why? I am assuming it has something to do with the installer change with the pager perhaps? Thank you for your help.
The installer adds a new protocol to Windows for links that start with "byond" (instead of http, https, etc.). Windows didn't know what to do with the link because that protocol wasn't installed.