ID:1856202

There are some fixes in 508 that I'm waiting for before I can start publicly testing NEStalgia with the web client. I'm in absolutely no rush - just curious if you have an idea of when 508 will be available. Thanks!
I'm shooting to get the first 508 release out by the end of next week. Like 507 this will be a series of beta releases, and the webclient is still of course in beta itself. (I'm hoping to make major strides on the webclient's DSification.) Mostly at this point I think it just needs some buttoning up so it's possible it'd be sooner, but that depends on how some of our site stuff goes.
Because 508 will be in beta I do recommend only using test servers with it, not the standalone stuff.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll be sure to use test servers and not distribute it with the standalone.
What happened to acheron's awakening fabricmager?!
Minor pushback on 508; it'll be next week, but hopefully early. We're still finishing up some transition foo and there will also be a new build of 507 coming very shortly.
Thanks! Looking forward to giving 508 a spin.
I'm getting MouseWheel() in this too--better early than late, since it's a good idea to take advantage of the major version bump.
Is it going to use something similar to the approach I attempted poorly to outline in this thread:

http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=112967&page=3#comment10234137

?
Well, return value isn't a consideration, because having the client ask the server if it will consume the event and call back isn't practical.

So far I've been going for more of a minimalist up/down-only approach, although I had forgotten about tilting. That might change a couple of things but I think I could include tilting in there.
Honestly, just being able to mousewheel is going to really change a lot of my code. I'm just happy we're getting a set date.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Well, return value isn't a consideration, because having the client ask the server if it will consume the event and call back isn't practical.

So far I've been going for more of a minimalist up/down-only approach, although I had forgotten about tilting. That might change a couple of things but I think I could include tilting in there.
Dunno if adding mousewheel tilt would be a great idea, whereas scroll wheels on mice are common place, ive only had one mouse that had scroll wheel tilt in the last 10 years.
My touchpad has multidirectional panning... Surprisingly, delta_y gives smooth values (less than 120) from smooth scrolling devices.