The Dying Breed

by Mr. RJT
The Dying Breed
Open world multiplayer zombie survival
ID:1879085

You are one of the few survivors left after an unknown infection hit the human population. You must fight for your life for what is left.

Zombies inhabit the towns; Bandits hide in the trees... Choose your path!
I'm going to very sad if you don't follow through with this. I WANT
In response to Prazon
Prazon wrote:
I'm going to very sad if you don't follow through with this. I WANT

I definitely have no intentions in dropping this project. It is one that I have wanted to work on for years. :)
OMG wow...cool game!
Tis is de best original game of the 2015.i hope iwll no change my mind,when ill play...
I appreciate the use of the rooflib, not many people have been using it. Great job with sounds, so far. Consider 3D Sound? Could really add another element to this game!

I see a lot of potential, here. If you'd like some help with the skin or any other programming-esc questions, I'd gladly help.
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I appreciate the use of the rooflib, not many people have been using it. Great job with sounds, so far. Consider 3D Sound? Could really add another element to this game!

I see a lot of potential, here. If you'd like some help with the skin or any other programming-esc questions, I'd gladly help.

I truly do appreciate the complements! Thanks for the 3D sounds link. I knew BYOND had the capabilities, I just didn't not know how to implement them at the time. It'll be in the next release though.

If I come across any programming issues I will certainly ask, thank you!
some bugs, at some point, the rifle stop to shoot(there were bullets in the magazine 25 -mp5)but my energy was over, then not being able to kill with the hammer ... I started shooting, but did not work.... (I had finished the energy bar).(good sound,remind me to resident evil games) sounds sent me paranoid XD,I admit I was scared. at the beginning I had some problems with the controls, then I realized the system...(guide at the top right "?")..... can you add the full screen mode?
at some point the game seemed repetitive, escape, fight and try to survive is not enough (maybe if you play in multiplayer,with real players, will be more fun...play alone is boring :S, when can you host? I'm ready to start a war XD!! ) ..... (this should not be a criticism, I just want to help).....It would be nice to recreate a story behind this game, from where it began the infection, in a laboratory XD etc....
it would be nice to put the day and night mode,
and to create light with torches, etc...(not knowing where he comes from the enemy might be fun in the dark of night)
you should add the grenades (rare to find) to launch them into the houses against hostile players XD....
put some zombie inside the houses (as a surprise for the player XD)....cool game bro
In response to Denshichiro
Denshichiro wrote:
some bugs, at some point, the rifle stop to shoot(there were bullets in the magazine 25 -mp5)but my energy was over, then not being able to kill with the hammer ... I started shooting, but did not work.... (I had finished the energy bar).

My girlfriend and I came across that bug yesterday night. It was the first time that it has ever occurred for me and I do not know how to reproduce it. I'll probably go swing the weapon around, drop, pick up, store in an inventory, and so on. But I will fix it!

can you add the full screen mode?

This is one of the next "To Do Features" on my list. I just need to fix the bugs first.

at some point the game seemed repetitive, escape, fight and try to survive is not enough (maybe if you play in multiplayer,with real players, will be more fun...play alone is boring :S, when can you host? I'm ready to start a war XD!! )

The game is definitely more fun with other players online. It adds to the atmosphere: You hear footsteps and hide behind a tree. A player appears, armed, and you have no clue if they are friend or foe!

(this should not be a criticism, I just want to help)

I never get offended when it comes to advice. I truly do appreciate it.

It would be nice to recreate a story behind this game, from where it began the infection, in a laboratory XD etc....

I've always wanted to make an episodic game. I write short stories as a hobby. Unfortunately, I don't feel that this "map/world" would fit well in a story.

it would be nice to put the day and night mode,

Currently on my "To Do Feature" list. I have made a lighting system before. But I guess I have to learn eventually; my next project (which won't be started until this game is completed) will need it.

and to create light with torches, etc...(not knowing where he comes from the enemy might be fun in the dark of night)

Yeah. My next project will allow you to craft torches. I did not expect this game to be released. I was kind of just programming quickly to make something for myself. Now I got a mess of code with potential, haha. I'll see what I can do with crafting.

you should add the grenades (rare to find) to launch them into the houses against hostile players XD....

I haven't thought about that but I just added it to my list. I'll get a test with them and see how people like them. As you noted, they would be rare.

put some zombie inside the houses (as a surprise for the player XD)....cool game bro

Funny you said that. Yesterday my girlfriend and I ran away from a horde and into a house. Upon entering we were attacked by two zombies. I don't spawn zombies inside of houses so I don't know how they got there. But it happened!

Thanks for the suggestions. My next update will contain a ton of fixes and some features.
simplified modern metaphor zombie..... are y a zombie ? or a homeless ? add the option, after dying to become a zombie
In response to Denshichiro
Denshichiro wrote:
simplified modern metaphor zombie..... are y a zombie ? or a homeless ? add the option, after dying to become a zombie

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've played games, mostly just a Counter-Strike 1.6 mod, where they force you to play as a zombie once you're dead. It was never too much fun for me.

I can see going after a player who might have wronged you. But I'd have to come up with something that would keep it interesting. I'll see!
I understand your current AI simply walk towards players. I'd like to make sure you know that BYOND's default pathing can take dense objects into account and make a route around objects. It allows more intelligent zombies, though I'm not sure how intelligent you want them to be. You can accomplish this by using walk_to()

In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I understand your current AI simply walk towards players. I'd like to make sure you know that BYOND's default pathing can take dense objects into account and make a route around objects. It allows more intelligent zombies, though I'm not sure how intelligent you want them to be. You can accomplish this by using walk_to()

Thanks. I should have read the reference a little more. I'll implement this into the next release.

I also am thinking if I should make this occupation based, thus having players work together. My next game will have something like this but basically... One occupation could be a doctor with medical supplies at the start of a round. Another could be a cop who would have the general items cops have.
Apparently there is a game crippling bug. If you log out of a hosted server and then rejoin, you cannot play.

I'll get this fixed by tomorrow. Sorry!