In response to Vivalas
Vivalas wrote:
http://www.toodarkpark.org/computers/humor/ shoot-self-in-foot.html

This made me chuckle, I feel like DM needs to be on this list.

DM: You attempt to shoot yourself in the foot and explain your methods of how you plan to go about it on the forums. You're then bombarded with a thousand methods of shooting yourself more efficiently. This debate goes on for several pages before the thread topic becomes horses. No feet ever actually get shot.
DM: You attempt to shoot yourself in the foot and explain your methods of how you plan to go about it on the forums. You're them bombarded with a thousand methods of shooting yourself more efficiently. This debate goes on for several pages before the thread topic becomes horses. No feet ever actually get shot.

^100% original post by Ter13. Seeking admins to moderate this post. Must be mature. Need hubber and gfxer for this post. [UNPAID]
We mine as well call the hubber hubby.
In response to Ter13
We'll at least give you credit for the horses, Ter. ;)
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
^100% original post by Ter13. Seeking admins to moderate this post. Must be mature. Need hubber and gfxer for this post. [UNPAID]

yes i can modterate your post for u just send me the source codes to ur post so i can get started.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

yes i can modterate your post for u just send me the source codes to ur post so i can get started.

Here you go:

DM: You attempt to shoot yourself in the foot and explain your methods of how you plan to go about it on the forums. You're them bombarded with a thousand methods of shooting yourself more efficiently. This debate goes on for several pages before the thread topic becomes horses. No feet ever actually get shot.
code me in and I'll give you naruto Goa icons
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

This is a poorly written post and not a good example of what to base a post off of. I'm going to rant for seven paragraphs about what kind of posts the community is writing and give my pretentious opinion on how to solve all of the communities problems.
This is a poorly written post and not a good example of what to base a post off of. I'm going to rant for seven paragraphs about what kind of posts the community is writing and give my pretentious opinion on how to solve all of the communities problems.

Why can't you guys just realize that people like what they like? Let people have their posts, I mean, it's not like the "original" posts are any good at all, I mean, look at LummoxJR's posts. Nobody reads those at all! And Silkwizard? That guy links to his posts from off-site, so he has an unfair advantage at the number of readers he gets!

All of the original posts on this forum suck. You wouldn't be here without copy-pasta posts. You have no room to talk, I'm sure you've pressed Ctrl+v at some point in your life.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Why can't you guys just realize that people like what they like? Let people have their posts, I mean, it's not like the "original" posts are any good at all, I mean, look at LummoxJR's posts. Nobody reads those at all! And Silkwizard? That guy links to his posts from off-site, so he has an unfair advantage at the number of readers he gets!

All of the original posts on this forum suck. You wouldn't be here without copy-pasta posts. You have no room to talk, I'm sure you've pressed Ctrl+v at some point in your life.

This is the kind of ideology that pollutes our community! Why don't you go to the RPG Maker forums and copy-paste crap like that instead of doing it here!
Obligatory relative embedded .gif swarm to skyrocket the internet bill of various tethered/hotspot/dialup viewers.

This thread went meta fast.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
This thread went meta fast.

I know, it's getting pretty real.
I think this thread sums up all threads to come. That's it everybody, we've had every conversation we'll ever have in this thread. Everybody post pictures of horses and let's never post again.

(But don't really post pictures of horses, because staying on topic... Or do. WTFDOIC.)
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

Here you go:

code me in and I'll give you naruto Goa icons

You actually derailed a thread about jokes - laughter. Laughter is supposed to unite us and let us all enjoy life. Do you guys even try to regulate yourselves anymore?

Let's do a thread about programmer jokes!

So there you have it. What's your favorites joke(s) about programming or tech in general?

You, the BYOND "community", somehow manage to turn *every* thread into an argument, complaint or passive aggressive rant. It's so old.

I get that we need to have discussions about problems with the software and it's community. But we should have those discussions in a thread dedicated to them - Lord knows there are hundreds of them by now. I can't force any of you to behave, I'm not a mod and I'm not your parents but holy hell - something needs to change.
So, I was reaing these so called "programmer jokes" and I've decided to turn this thread into a lifting jokes/memes thread because I don't have a clue what's being said and with that...

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Can I get GM for this post?

In response to IchiroKeisuke
Did you honestly expect anything else? This is BYOND we're talking about. Nothing but trolls and pony posters.
You actually derailed a thread about jokes - laughter. Laughter is supposed to unite us and let us all enjoy life. Do you guys even try to regulate yourselves anymore?

I'm really not sure we actually derailed the thread. Seemed like the topic went to programmer jokes to tropes about specific programming languages to trying to fit DM into that list, to carrying on the joke.

If anything, I'd argue the whitespace business and the gym rat jokes are really the only things off-topic.

As for me, I personally thought Kats, Empires, and Maximus' posts were entirely in the spirit of humor poking fun at DM and its surrounding community.

I know my posts were intended to be lighthearted humor, definitely not meant to be passive-aggressive. Honestly, I've enjoyed this community more in the last month than I ever have, because we've mostly been making fun of ourselves for a month straight now. "This thread is now about horses" has absolutely been a fantastic way to completely stop arguments within threads and just straight up inspire hilarity.

But if my sense of humor doesn't appeal to you, that's cool. I'll just see myself out of your threads in the future and you won't have to worry about me anymore.
Page: 1 2 3