Do You Even Lift?

by Lugia319
Bro.
ID:1893858

Just need the first 30 seconds, really BYOND mods are the Sony executives.

Can't seem to criticize BYOND without some mod coming in to remove it for fear of actual discussion.
Why are you trying to negatively criticize BYOND? That's the only reason a mod would ever have to remove a post, unless they feel the post will intentionally cause negative debates (ex; harassment, violation of terms of service, etc.)
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Why do movie, game, art, literary critics exist? To make the medium better.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Why are you trying to negatively criticize BYOND? That's the only reason a mod would ever have to remove a post

What.

The posting "rules" generally amount to.

1) Don't be a jerk.

2) Don't be vulgar.

3) Don't troll.

4) Don't spam.

If we can't have honest criticism, we are effectively enforcing censorship.
Yeah. You think I'd put this much damn effort into derailing threads around here if I wasn't getting paid to do it?

I've made thousands.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Yeah. You think I'd put this much damn effort into derailing threads around here if I wasn't getting paid to do it?

Yes, Yes I do.

Lugia319 wrote:
Can't seem to criticize BYOND without some mod coming in to remove it for fear of actual discussion.

Ok, now that I have had my dinner..allow me to explain something.

I removed that thread of my own free will.

The posting guidelines was being routinely ignored on that thread. I don't have the power to MODERATE (hint, hint). But I do have the power to remove a thread I have created. The thread was going to be locked at the rate it was going anyway.

Simply put : No one around here wants to be mature and have a grownup discussion about the fundamental problems BYOND is facing - so I closed the thread.

Even if we had a brilliant discussion - Lummox probably wouldn't have done anything. I offer no solutions to the problems I mention - I just observe them and tell it like it is.

I do have a suggestion though - enforce the guidelines strictly. These are really quite simple guidelines, but I feel they are ignored constantly. I blame Tom and Lummox fully for this because they are the moderator's moderator, but alas - I am just a guy on the internet and I don't have any real power here.
In response to IchiroKeisuke
The guidelines aren't enforced... ever. Ter13 regularly shows up to post pictures of horses in a derail attempt and no one cares. "It's off-topic so it doesn't matter". The only thing you need to do avoid getting banned is to be a well-known member of the community. Well, as long as you're not criticizing BYOND. Fallacy and GalacticSoldier are two members that readily come to mind.

If you want moderating power over your threads though, make a forum post in a game you own.
You're an asshole, that's why your posts are removed. If you don't like that, I suggest not posting at all.
In response to Lugia319
I don't think Ter's a mod anymore, and hasn't been for a little while.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
You're an asshole, that's why your posts are removed. If you don't like that, I suggest not posting at all.

Being disliked is not grounds for post removal. Why do people seem to think that popularity is a free pass to do what you want?

A person should never be afraid to voice an unpopular opinion.
1) Don't be a jerk

You've violated this rule quite a lot in the time you've been here.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
1) Don't be a jerk

You've violated this rule quite a lot in the time you've been here.

Have I? I've been here for 8 years-ish. I'm not a jerk so much as a voice of reason that people seem to take for being a jerk. Sorry if crushing the pink dream bubbles you guys have is "being a jerk" but I've always fought for the people. And what the people deserve is justice.

But... wait a minute. What's this I see.

1) Don't be a jerk. This mostly means: don't make personal attacks. You can criticize the content of a post, but not the poster. Attacking posters just leads to flame wars, which are a big waste of everyone's time. We are going to be very aggressive in dealing with "trolls" in this community.

Do mine eyes deceive me or are you attacking posters instead of content?

Stay classy Doohl.
Foiled by Lugia319 once more. I resign all previous allegations against you and succumb to your superior argument skillz.

consider me 360 noscoped
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
Foiled by Lugia319 once more. I resign all previous allegations against you and succumb to your superior argument skillz.

consider me 360 noscoped

Quoting so you can't edit this.
I'm a well known member of the community and I've been banned twice. The first time was for nearly a year and the second time was a few months ago after I made this thread. Not sure why that particular thread was the nail in the coffin, but yeah.

Also, both bans had nothing to do with me criticizing BYOND. The first ban I got was because I was making fun of that Tenkichi weirdo that used to hang around here, and the second ban was because I was firing off shots and making annoying posts in all caps probably.

Oh and did I mention I've never disputed any of my bans or ever gave a damn about how Tom and Lummox decide to moderate their forums?
Yes, yes, sheep exist. They will continue to bleat no matter how abusive their shepherds are with their wolves, we know. They might protest, "no really, the shepherds wolves eat us because they love us" but after we, the enlightened folk get everyone the freedoms they deserve they'll thank us.
You're going to find this shit hilarious. Ter13 made a pretentiously long essay about how you're officially the worst member on BYOND, and how you're scum who should leave the community and never come back. I made a similar post about Ter (on my own thread, btw), and got banned from these forums.

There IS a conflict of interest here. These moderators are biased, and they're the one contributing to BYOND's doom. Thanks, guys! Keep digging your own holes!
You guys remind me of the high school girls I used to go to school with. Everyday they'd come to school talking about what Shanaynay did or what Sharkeshia said. Then at lunch time, instead of Shanaynay and Sharkeshia ignoring at each other, they couldn't help but get in each other's faces to antagonize each other. The best part is when someone actually threw a punch - then hair pulling and curb stomping would ensue. Sometimes weave would just be lying on the floor after the skirmish, or a girl would've had her pants ripped to the point where you could see her butt crack.

And I'd just sit there the entire time laughing at the ghetto halfwits brawling for no apparent reason. Because they can't just go on with their lives, no. They have to obsess over what someone else said or thinks about them every hour of the day. BYOND is like, a mirror image of those high school teenage girl feuds. I come everyday to spectate whatever new drama you divas have inevitably conjured up because I find it mildly entertaining. I find it hilarious that remarks from some fool halfway across the world can enrage you. I find it cute that being banned from an indie game forum can cause you people to have nervous breakdowns. I find it awesome that some of you would go to great lengths in an attempt to prevent someone more talented than yourself from succeeding rather than rejoicing the moment you realize someone in this cesspool just so happens to be competent and just might produce something worth buying and playing. You guys are ridiculously pitiful. It's exactly as Flick said. Sometimes I feel like I'm a worthless pile of shit with no life, and then I come to BYOND and am immediately reminded of the fact that there are people three times more mentally handicapped than I am and then I feel a lot better.

I love you all.