Event Jul 12 2015, 11:00 am
to Jul 12 2015, 1:00 pm
ID:1893904

Good evening BYOND!

Tomorrow I will be hosting my game, The Dying Breed, in tournament mode!

What does this mean?

You may notice that there is now a standings tab. What will be calculated are "Legend Points." These points contain the following: (Zombies Killed - Humans Killed). So it is key to avoid other players or form a team of zombie killers.

Your score will only be outputted to the hub if...
1) It beats your previous score.
2) You died!

How do I enter?

By playing the game between the hours of 1 PM CST to 3 PM CST tomorrow! Also, make a post here as your "reservation slot." - Which really means nothing, I'd just like to add more prizes if it'll be a bigger turnout.

Prizes

The prizes will be given out to the top three players in Legend Points.
1st - $25
2nd - $15
3rd - $10

You must have a PayPal in order to receive your prize. You can also opt with donating it to BYOND/someone else.

Why?

I am looking to get some hardcore testing done. I'd also love to receive feedback. I already have a huge list of "To Do Features."

I will post here once the server is up. I may host a non-tournament server later today for those who'd like to practice. The current download is out-of-date.
Looks like this isn't going to happen; not one "reservation." I'm calling it off.

Thank to all who looked at this!
Don't stress over it too much. Not a lot of players actually check the forum regularly, and a two hour window in less than 24 hours is a pretty short turnaround for people to try and make time. I'm on the forum a lot, and I don't necessarily check the contests and event forum each day.

I'd say keep working on it, build up a little more of a player base, and maybe give a bit more notice next time you want to run an event. It looks promising so keep at it.

Good luck.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Don't stress over it too much. Not a lot of players actually check the forum regularly, and a two hour window in less than 24 hours is a pretty short turnaround for people to try and make time. I'm on the forum a lot, and I don't necessarily check the contests and event forum each day.

Thanks!

I thought about this as well. I provided a days notice when it should had been a week. I also do not check contest thread, so this was poorly planned.

I'd say keep working on it, build up a little more of a player base, and maybe give a bit more notice next time you want to run an event. It looks promising so keep at it.

I appreciate it! At the moment, I'm motivated to work on my other dream game. I know I'll return to this one eventually. I'm a huge fan of zombies.
bruh dont go off soon i will register for tournament
Same
Yut Put wrote:
i could also offer tips for building a community for tournaments. footrace peaked at about 32 entrants

That would be great!