ID:1921794

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a programmer or Iconner, mapper who will continue to work with you. I keep running into people who either are too incompetent to get a task done, or simply do one part of the project and give up.

Keep cycling through these Classiffied ads, and still can't get my hands on a good Programmer or iconner / mapper. Goddamit someone take my money.

Byond's Gangsta
Resisting my urge to meme. You know what one.

I don't read Classified Ads because I don't work on rips and/or fan games and most people there are offering work for those.

Other than that I can almost certainly program whatever you want. What do you want programmed?
Doesn't look like you'd really want to work with the project being your standards.
That probably sounded crappy. Fan games are great but I want something I can sign my name to without fear of legal action.

Rips are... Well I'm never gonna like em.
I would like to add that I work on original games for free just for the opportunity to sign my name on them. Assuming there's someone to do art because I'm still learning.
Rod5 wrote:
Keep cycling through these Classiffied ads, and still can't get my hands on a good Programmer or iconner / mapper. Goddamit someone take my money.

Median pay for an entry level programmer is about $57000/yr. A 'good' programmer will cost you more. You are EXTREMELY unlikely to find a good programmer in the BYOND classified ads. There are a (very) few here, but most likely you'll get hobbyists at best, or kids with a vastly inflated sense of their programming abilities and the attention span of a flea.
In response to Flick
This is BYOND. Keep your money, we only accept payment in the form of GM verbs.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
This is BYOND. Keep your money, we only accept payment in the form of GM verbs.

GM verbs? I've been getting paid in zeta icons:(
People tend to think art is cheap especially on byond... Kids think a base with 60-75state's and i don't know how many frames cost 60$-100$ in reality it's like 250$-500$ turfs as awhole range from 25$-75$ depending on quality, uniqueness and if u want it animated, buildings 120$-175$, overlays&weapons 25$-45$ each, attacks 25$-75$ it's expensive to make a game this may be byond but this is what I'd charge someone for a complete game well over 1k$.
expensive to make a game this may be byond but this is what I'd charge someone for a complete game well over 1k$.

Try adding a zero to that figure. Either that or our view of "complete" are totally different things.
Rod5, I have the same exact issue- However, it's mostly with artists. Sadly, most serious people want some sort of pay. Even then, I find it hard to keep people motivated.

If you manage to gather a serious artist on your team, I wouldn't mind helping out for free- Simply because I'd like to actually finish a project. There would have to be terms and guidelines of course to protect all parties involved. I'd also like more information. You can page me for skype details if you wish.

My original key is Lavitiz. I've been on BYOND for 8 years now.

I'm not as experienced as some of the better known developers on BYOND, such as Ter13 and his fellow crew. I do however have at least a basic understanding and experience across the board of programming and web design in general. HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, DM, and C# are the ones I've most comfortably used. Although my front end web-dev seems to be my weak area.

I saw your post and it just reminded me of how frustrating it is to create a team and keep one together. If you manage to get artists covered, I'd be happy to discuss some sort of agreement. I'd even work for free under certain stipulations.
Not enough time. =(
Just ask people here who're in the talent range you want "how much for you to do x or y?". Negotiations begin and either a price is agreed on or you agree not to work together at that stage.

I've had varied luck with the above tactic, sometimes getting quoted ridiculous prices, sometimes getting shoddy work. Most of it has been reasonable, though. Until the last few months, it usually ended in myself informing them I would see what I could do to cover the costs and get back to them, only for either them or myself vanishing for a extended period. That, or they would say they couldn't complete the task.

I owe someone here $65 right now, but we're on friendly terms and he's understanding that I probably can't pay until the end of/begining of this/next month. Of course, production of the service was agreeingly halted until I am sure of when I can pay, as should be with any agreement with complications.
I owe someone here $65 right now, but we're on friendly terms and he's understanding that I probably can't pay until the end of/begining of this/next month. Of course, production of the service was agreeingly halted until I am sure of when I can pay, as should be with any agreement with complications.

I haven't counted my chickens. Am calmly, and patiently awaiting a friend's word that he's good to go.

Would never fault someone fun-money problems.

<3 NNAAAAHH
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
expensive to make a game this may be byond but this is what I'd charge someone for a complete game well over 1k$.

Try adding a zero to that figure. Either that or our view of "complete" are totally different things.

Byond complete not mobile game/outside of byond complete. Only 10k I see on byond is Teka.
Byond complete not mobile game/outside of byond complete.

Ah. So barely functioning, no real gameplay, and most of your fun coming from leaving the game on overnight with an auto-trainer.

Got it.
What ever overloads our pockets with dead presidents.
ego and fear in the way of monay
Page: 1 2 3