Event Sep 18 2015, 3:00 pm
to Sep 30 2015, 11:59 pm
ID:1937870

Temperatures are finally starting to cool off, the days are getting shorter, and students are back in school--the end of Summer is here! (the reverse for you southern-hemisphere dwellers... always gotta do your own thing)

That means it's time for another annual biannual random unofficial donation drive!

Lummox JR has been working hard at BYOND's helm, implementing a lot of cool new features, and being super active on the forums. Let's give him a show of appreciation and support by striving to hit the donation goal for this month!

To help in that effort, I will be matching all donations made to BYOND until we hit the $5000 goal!

So, if you've been mulling over making a donation or buying a membership for you or a friend, do it before the end of the month and it'll do twice the good! Even if you can only afford $5, here's your chance to double it.

Each night I'll check how much we've raised, and donate an equivalent amount. I'll keep track of our progress in this post!

Also, this goes without saying, but please don't give beyond your means. We can hit the goal without anyone putting themselves at financial risk, just help spread the word! A lot of little donations can do it!

And without further ado, BEHOLD! The ramen tower of fundraising:

| Date             |  Total  | Raised | Post-match |
| 18th 3:00PM PST | $1000 | ---- | ----- |
| 18th 4:00PM PST | $1320 | $320 | $1640 |
| 18th 10:00PM PST | $1790 | $150 | $1940 |
| 19th 8:00PM PST | $2078 | $138 | $2216 |
| 20th 10:00PM PST | $2311 | $95 | $2406 |
| 22th 9:00PM PST | $2475 | $69 | $2544 |
| 24th 9:30PM PST | $2668 | $124 | $2792 |
| 27th 8:00PM PST | $2938 | $146 | $3084 |
| 27th 8:00PM PST | $3237 | $153 | $3390 |

Donations during event: $1195 / $2000
Amount matched: $1195 / $2000
Event total: $2390 / $4000
Monthly total: $3390 / $5000
Ok, well here is 500.
What benefits does being a byond member give?
I would give more, but right now I'm pretty tight on money and we have to use a bit for a new project... Stay tuned on that note.
I had to cancel the raffle, since the government hates fun. Unless someone wants to start a "BYOND Church of the Holy Dan-code".

Anyway, thanks for starting us off with a big boost, Exitus10!
And thanks for the donation Konlet, good luck with your project!

Match donated.
you said students go back to school so i assume you go to school am i right?
Nobody tell Teka.
ok
In response to SuperAntx
^ what he said.
Ramen is $25.95 for 48 soups (see here).
$5,000 buys 9,216 ramens.

Eaten at 3 a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner), that's 3042 days or 8.3 years of sustainable food for one person acquired in one month.

I think we might be funding some kind of alchohol-fueled obsession (strippers), most likely
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
Ramen is $25.95 for 48 soups

i can bring whoever down to my local meat market for that price and get 40 pounds of hot-dogs

or 10 dozen eggs(That's a lot of Scrambled Eggs) or 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters
I'll give anyone who donates $10 or more a NEStalgia Steam key. If you already own NEStalgia or don't want to play it, you can use the key to trade for other games on Steam.
In response to Silk Games
Silk Games wrote:
I'll give anyone who donates $10 or more a NEStalgia Steam key. If you already own NEStalgia or don't want to play it, you can use the key to trade for other games on Steam.

^ now im interested. Shame don't have any money to spend :c that and my father refuses to give me my card back Dx.
Give him mine Silk. ^ Thanks for the offer by the way. Very good of you.
In response to Suicide Shifter
I don't know how long you could survive eating nothing but ramen for three meals a day... something unfortunate might happen.

I guess he doesn't have to eat it, he could always build a house out of it. All that styrofoam might actually make decent insulation, and the cup wouldn't hurt either (ba-dum-tsh):

Or he could always become one with the ramen:

Thanks Silk, I hope a lot of people take you up on that offer! :)

Also, thanks Flick, Calus, Nochtis, Kholdstare34, and Anon! We're off to a good start now!
Well I think this is a wonderful cause, and I've been wanting to offer more support and thanks to Lummox for all the awesome updates so I went ahead and snagged another 6 month membership.

I wish I could do more, but at least it's something! And thanks for running this, Darkcampainger.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Give him mine Silk. ^ Thanks for the offer by the way. Very good of you.

In response to DarkCampainger
I would say making it into hair is probably one of the more practical and healthier choices, as oppose to actually ingesting this stuff.
Silk Games wrote:

Do membership subscriptions count?
Page: 1 2 3 4