ID:194835

So I was working on the hud for my game, which involves making a head, so I did. And then I figured I'd test out how good it looks by drawing Yusuke. All in all, I think it came out great. What do you guys think?

By the way, I know I didn't shade the hair. I will eventually, when it becomes important for the hud. Seeing as I haven't slept all night and it's 9 AM, I'm feeling quite lazy and figured I'd stop where I am now. So yeah, I'm sure someone will tell me I need to shade the hair. Don't worry guys, it's already been considered. :)
KDG wrote:
So I was working on the hud for my game, which involves making a head, so I did. And then I figured I'd test out how good it looks by drawing Yusuke. All in all, I think it came out great. What do you guys think?

By the way, I know I didn't shade the hair. I will eventually, when it becomes important for the hud. Seeing as I haven't slept all night and it's 9 AM, I'm feeling quite lazy and figured I'd stop where I am now. So yeah, I'm sure someone will tell me I need to shade the hair. Don't worry guys, it's already been considered. :)

I like it! Looks pretty cool, Although if you want it to look even more realistic to the anime you need to give it more definition :P One way of achieving this is by adding more colour to the image, Also the eyes could look so much cleaner with alittle AA, So here is me defining more shape on the face

Photobucket
(hmm now i look at it the right check went alittle wrong :P)
Here is another even more defined although i think i might have gone over board with it but i will let you be the judge of that ;)

Photobucket

Reference
In response to Chris-g1
I actually liked his better, you look like you made his icon EMO. Plus his looks more cartoony which is good for the genre, shading is good but shading so it looks 3D doesn't work unless it's meant to look 3d.
In response to Chris-g1
I love your edit, Chris. Thanks for the advice. I might make some final changes based on what you said, but only minor changes. I don't want it to look too realistic. I wanted it to have the cartoonish look for the game. As I said, this was more an experiment for the hud. :)

In response to KDG
I actually like it.
In response to The Naked Ninja
The Naked Ninja wrote:
I actually liked his better, you look like you made his icon EMO. Plus his looks more cartoony which is good for the genre, shading is good but shading so it looks 3D doesn't work unless it's meant to look 3d.

Of course, But then again if it has a light source it's not intending to be flat right.. Guess i kind of went in the wrong direction for what was the intended finished product :p