TRANSCEND

by Exentriks Gaming
TRANSCEND
A single-player adventure series. Rated T for Teen.
ID:1948611

I realize I haven't made a post about the game in a while(although I do regularly update the hub with pics) so I figured I'd make one now. I'm also hoping it'll spread a bit more awareness about the game. Without further a-do I will now treat you to some GIFS and pics.

This is "Irally The Fox", he is your spirit guide in the game. You'll learn more about him later.

I finished this with a bit of help and suggestions from some of you guys in the Art & Sound section of the forums. Added some butterflies and birds to what was a very dull and empty scenery.

Another of the same.

This is the "Bridge of Trials" entrance(That's what the Japanese writing says, for those who were wondering). This is part of the Prologue/Chapter 1 of the game; Still working on this.

Btw, I'd like to mention that this game is highly influenced by movies like Spirited Away and other works by Hayao Miyazaki. As well as Avatar- both the series and the 3d film. So if that concoction is your cup of tea you'll really enjoy this game.

There's much more, but I'll leave the rest for another time. Tell me what you guys think!
I think some lit circles under the lamps would do well to finish off those scenes! Great work, looks amazing.
In response to AERProductions
Thank you! And I'm not sure exactly what you mean, I'm liking where the idea is going though.
That looks buttery-fucking-smooth. Well done!
In response to Doohl
This means a lot coming from you, I'm a big fan of what you guys are doing as well. Thank you! :]
woah looking good bro keep up with the good work
In response to Alienx26
Thank you very much Alienx :}
In response to Exentriks Gaming
np cant wait to play the game
Basically, just like with a real light -- it creates light and casts shadows. If you add that to those paths, they would look superb. All the lamps need is a lit circle under them, even if it is only a graphic and not actually generated light.
I use Forum_Account's Dynamic Lighting library and it works really well (mine is heavily modified to work with pondera, though). Check it out and add a light.src to those lanterns and maybe it would work out! They do need a bright circle under them though, that is the only thing missing. :)
Looks great. Keep it up mate.
Looking great!

I vaguely remember you asking me for my lighting system, and while I wish I could give it to you, I don't think it would be compatible with what you have going on for your water.

You should use animate() with your water, by the way
Also, Your lamps should use blend_mode = BLEND_ADD
Wow. This is awesome.
@AERProductions- I see what you're saying now with the lamps, I'll give that a shot. I've also looked into Forum_Account's Dynamic Lighting before and I feel like I need a more polished and nicer system that can really take this game up another notch.

@Avidanimefan- Thanks a lot man, you know I'm also a fan of what you're doing. Those shadows wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you :]

@D4RK3 54B3R- A lighting system like the one you have would be IDEAL for this game. I really think it'll take it to a whole different level. Thank you for the suggestions btw, I'll try the blend_mode = BLEND_ADD but what exactly do I do to the water with animate()?

edit: After trying blend_mode = BLEND_ADD on the lamps, it seems to just have made them transparent and lowered its layer. I think I do see what you were trying to do, but the problem is the entire lamp is one icon instead of just the light part. So I may have to make them two separate objects for this to work nicely.

@Manio- Thank you Manio, it really means a lot to see that other people like what little I have so far.
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
edit: After trying blend_mode = BLEND_ADD on the lamps, it seems to just have made them transparent and lowered its layer. I think I do see what you were trying to do, but the problem is the entire lamp is one icon instead of just the light part. So I may have to make them two separate objects for this to work nicely.

yep. the glow should be on BLEND_ADD and the rest of it should be normal.
SO MUCH BETTER!

Wow... What a huge difference! A million thanks to you both- @D4RK3 54B3R and AERProductions
You're welcome. Very nicely done. Greatness! :)

Now you could do the same trick for the purple and green crystals in the first image! It would look amazing if it doesn't lag. :)
I didn't know what this was before, but now I'm hooked. I'm actually excited for this? I want to see more! :D
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I didn't know what this was before, but now I'm hooked. I'm actually excited for this? I want to see more! :D

Haha thank you! I've noticed not many people even know this game exists so I'm just trying to spread a little awareness one step at a time.
Patience.

edit: Also, I was referring to the James Cameron movie.