Mano A Mano

by Flick
Mano A Mano
Knights, archers, and wizards in a free for all battle to the death.
ID:1952128

I've been working on the wizard. I'm not a big fan of the dart graphic yet, and the bounce spell doesn't quite look right, but I really like the lightning bolt. I switched the wizards third skill from creating an ice turf to a bounce ability. Transports the wizard to a random hex location. Not sure I'm going to keep that or not.
I prefer the way the old lightning bolt looked. :/

I don't know that I like the bounce ability over the ice turf. The ice ability required a lot of foresight and planning to use right, but could really improve the wizard's offensive and defensive mobility, whereas the bounce just seems like a simple get-out-of-dodge easily card, and makes it impossible to chase a fleeing wizard. It's also a useless ability when trying to plan out or execute an attack, whereas the added mobility from ice tiles gave the wizard many more strategic options.

Before with the ice, with good planning and mindgames, you could position yourself to flee now and attack next turn. Bounce is just a dice roll in hoping that you land somewhere advantageous.

[EDIT]: Now that I think about the hex redesign, and how it inherently takes much longer to make a full rotation, the ice ability now might be much much weaker than the old square-tiled mano a mano. I would still prefer to have an ability more like the ice tile, where you can invest a turn to cast it and setup the board, and then use the terrain later for mobility when you need it.
Are the old dmb/rsc files available anywhere to play? :)
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I prefer the way the old lightning bolt looked. :/

I'm going to be honest, I barely remember how it looked... I'll see if I can find it somewhere. Mostly, I just like the new color stuff which lets me do the flashy thing :)

I don't know that I like the bounce ability over the ice turf.

Well, I've got plans for an Elementalist type piece which was going to use the ice skill, along with landslide and flood. Landslide would shake the area around him, knocking down trees and doing one point of damage and flood would send out a wave of water, doing one point of damage and turning dirt hexes into mud, which keeps opponents stuck for a round or two until it dries out. I'm not married to that though. I could be convinced to give the wizard back his ice ;)

Are the old dmb/rsc files available anywhere to play? :)

I wish. No, my laptop disappeared and, like an idiot, I hadn't backed the files up anywhere. Well, I do think there is a copy of the .rsc in my byond home files, but not the .dmb