ID:195510

(See the best response by Tom.)
I cant download BYOND error 404
Best response
ooh good point. Have to fix that ASAP!

And fixed.
ok im having a problem here i started playing dead world with my account AnbuSonic (which im using now)and it told me im using a guest account how is that possible if i signed up?
You need to login with the Pager.
You should see a blue (or red) orb in your system tray with the BYOND logo.

Just login there and you should be set!
Are you logged into your key through the Pager?
im still noobish here with this even with the new update so could u plz explain .-. sorry if im much trouble
Sure!

You may not have the Pager opened.
Try going into Start Menu > All Programs > BYOND > BYOND
(The blue orb)

This should launch the pager.

Here's what you need to be looking for.

http://puu.sh/eCAC
See that blue orb down in your taskbar?
If you don't see anything like that try pressing the up arrow to see if it's just hidden.

Then a program should pop up and you just enter your login information here:

http://puu.sh/eCAO
(Looks like this!)

The pager is what is used to talk with the games you're logging into. You can't just sign into the site, you need to be signed into the pager.
hmm cant see the pics u posted for some reason but if ur talking bout that program u gotta download then yes i have it i been signed on it and i tried jumping in a game of deadworld and it told me that i was a guest and with DBGT:DR its telling me im using a guest key so im just confused here
Do you have that program up and running?
(If you can't see those images just try clicking the links below them)

You have the BYOND Pager up and running?
Check and make sure none of your firewalls aren't blocking the Pager from connecting?
yeah i keep it up and running and logged in my account maybe i should try making a whole new account and see what happens?
No, that really wouldn't solve it.

It has something to do with your computer not being able to talk to the website.

Try doing it on another computer in your house and see if that fixes it? I would walk you through how to check for Firewall problems, but that's a heck of a lot more detailed.
sadly i am not allowed to download anything on the family comp but if helping with the firewall could do it then i have skype u could help me on that talking me through it cause i really wanna play games on here Dx
I'm about to head off to bed, but check these websites:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/ Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall

I assume you're using Windows 7, you might need to tweak those instructions if you are on XP.

Try using Google and typing in "allow program firewall."

Also check to make sure that you don't have any other firewall programs, sometimes Anti-Virus programs come with them.
i am using vista its wired that it was doing fine before the site update
The site shouldn't have anything to do with you connecting through the Pager, though we would have to have Tom verify that.

Try to uninstall and reinstall using the latest version?
i'll try and if that doesnt work i'll try making a 2nd account and see what happens
oh wow i looked back at my other comments x.x woops not suppose to be anbusonic suppose to be this one anbuchris but still doesnt work .-. no games for me it looks like
i will have to wait till i get word about it cause i tried everything T^T
i really feel like quitting byond i tried everything and still every game says that im a guest and saying im not signed on my pager when i am and yes my firewall is set to let byond get info or whatever i guess i cant get help
In response to AnbuChris
AnbuChris wrote:
i really feel like quitting byond i tried everything and still every game says that im a guest and saying im not signed on my pager when i am and yes my firewall is set to let byond get info or whatever i guess i cant get help

Can you open up the pager, and click File > Open Location and type this in "mikaukia.net:6667". Let me know what happens.