ID:1959711

Poll: Which generation's sprite style was the most appealing to you?

Generation 1 16% (4)
Generation 2 20% (5)
Generation 3 28% (7)
Generation 4 12% (3)
Generation 5 24% (6)

Login to vote.

So, we've all played Pokemon at one point or another. I was wondering the other day "I wonder which one was the most visually appealing overall to the people whom have played the games?"

So i'm just throwing a random poll up for the sake of discussion. If you feel like it, list your reason(s) why you voted for your choice. I picked Generation 1, for the simplicity of the sprites and I suppose the nostalgia.

Gen 1 -

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gen 2 -

Gen 3 -

Gen 4 -

Gen 5 -

gen 2 or 4 .
gen 1 is my favorite and nostalgic but i don't think people will appreciate it because its old like 1994 old if not late 90s early 2000s
Dragonite used to be cool.

Fun PokeFact: Kakuna used to be the most powerful Pokemon due to his large claws of death.

This allowed him to use the ability "Mega Punch" which would one-shot your entire party upon encountering him in Viridian Forest. Also, he could use these claws to swat away any Pokeballs you threw at him, making him uncatchable. The game testers complained that Kakuna was entirely too powerful, so Valve decided to nerf Kakuna by removing his limbs ( rip in pieces Kakuna 1998 ) and created Mewtwo instead to be the most powerful Pokemon in the world.

The end result:

Kakuna arms gone but never forgotted.
Gen 2 and Gen 4 were my favorites in terms of art. Gen 2 had a MASSIVE improvement over Gen 1's art in my opinion, massive enough that most Pokémon from Gen 1 and Gen 2 had their back sprites reused (but revamped) in Gen 3. Gen 4 seemed to have the best detail with the least stupidity in my eyes (see Dragonite in HG/SS vs Dragonite in B/W) but that's just my opinion.
I have to vote for Gen 5, simply because the evolution (no pun intended) of the artwork is very apparent throughout the series. Later generations just make it feel more lively.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:

You still haven't explained how it manages to fly with wings smaller than its head.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Dragonite is still cool.

Fixed it for you.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
You still haven't explained how it manages to fly with wings smaller than its head.

Please. At least Dragonite has wings. This thing can learn fly too

In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Please. At least Dragonite has wings. This thing can learn fly too

I thought it could jump really high and stay up there for a really long time tbh.
Hawlucha used Fly Suplex.

In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
SuperAntx wrote:

Do you even Bumblebees, bruh?
In response to Fugsnarf
Pick your poison

Or

Or Even

In response to DistantWorld101
I mean Latias/os can turn into airplanes, why not Doduo?