Final Resurrection: Redemption

by Toddab503
Final Resurrection: Redemption
Do you have what it takes to achieve the Final Resurrection?
ID:1968749

So it has been quite a while since this game really saw any players or attention, longer than I thought actually now that I see the last date on the last post I made, but as the title says I haven't forgotten about it!

Real life got hectic, and after taking a step back and looking at this game I realized I needed to grow a lot more before it could. I've since done that, but what does that mean for the game? Well, for starters it means a lot of major system updates and overhauls.

For example, in the next major version of FR:R mines will be mostly randomly generated. My hope is that, and a few other changes will easily make mining 10 times better!

Ah, but you combat lovers are probably not too interested in that, so let me also mention that I've put a ridiculous amount of effort into combat mechanics even in the down time. I've made a couple different rough drafts, and fought myself over it numerous times (A little literally, AI and what not!)

I was somewhat satisfied with my last run through it, but I recently started another draft I think will be vastly superior. Expect it to be the first thing I show off when development resumes, which if you haven't heard should be after Halloween!

Why then? Because, I've got a zombie massacring game to release for Halloween! It started out as something to get back into the swing of game design, but it grew into something much more and taught me a few things as well. It's called Hunger, and I'd love for you all to give it a try when it releases.

Now that about wraps things up, but just in case you're a visual person who needs visuals to get excited, to believe it, or whom just likes the shiny pictures more than most things in a game I'm gonna close this post out with a few gifs and such from the last time I worked on the game which you may or may not of seen.

Character Creation

Combat (prior to this latest draft)

New GUI mock up (Possibly keyboard controlled!)

New mock ups for each race

And just think. I did that months ago, after a few months away from the game... So just imagine what I can do now!

When are you planning on releasing it?
In response to Billgun
That's impossible to determine right now, given that development hasn't even started, and that usually if you announce a release date before almost everythings done it usually ends up being way after that.

I imagine there could be some private, or maybe even public testing phases sometime in November though.
Ok, thanks.
looking good
do you think it will be done within a year
In response to Death Any
Now that much I can comment on, and I can honestly say that if it is not I will be very frustrated, and extremely disappointed in myself.

I won't guarantee anything beyond that and cannot offer any dates right now, but I do know I'd like this out as soon as possible so I would THINK it should be done within 6 months, and I would PREFER it be done within 3 months of whenever I start development.

I mean hell, the original FR:R took a year and I've learned a ton since then. I don't see any reason why it should take too terribly long, other than just testing and sheer size, but a lots already planned out to help speed it up.