TRANSCEND

by Exentriks Gaming
TRANSCEND
A single-player adventure series. Rated T for Teen.
ID:1979486

Poll: Which era would you like to play?

Viking 5% (2)
Samurai 18% (7)
Ninja 7% (3)
Caveman/Native Indians 5% (2)
Egyptian 26% (10)
African Tribe 2% (1)
Medieval 13% (5)
Futuristic SciFi 21% (8)

Login to vote.

Hello! I am back with a couple of updates on Transcendence. I am also running a quick poll to see what people would be most interested in playing. I am going to try to provide a bit more information this time around on what is what, so let's get started!

With the new addition of client.color I decided to go back and start messing around with some of the cool things I could do with it. One of them was this new intro screen to the game:

I think it looks awesome and much better than how it was before. I've been messing around with this feature a lot lately.

Here's another example:

This one ^ is kind of "too much" and it's not how it will be in-game, but I think it's still pretty cool. This is part of the intro cut-scene to the game.

Aku The Owl:

This guy is Aku, he is the spirit of "Knowledge and Wisdom". He will show up throughout the game in moments that you need him most. Because of him being the spirit of Knowledge and Wisdom, he will usually take the form of an owl- although this doesn't always have to be the case.

The Great King:

This is the spirit of a great king. His spirit is cursed inside a tree(without going too into detail) your job as a spirit warrior is going to be to help free him. You will do so by 'transcending' to the time when he was a king and stopping him from making the mistake that cursed him. Unfortunately you won't see "The Great King" until much later in the game. Fun fact: if you look at the nose of the tree, you will see the image of the king itself.

Attack Animations:

This is a quick WIP of the attack animation at work. There's still much to be done but it's getting there. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this now while I'm still working on it. :]

Spartan World:

This is a WIP of the Spartan World. The Spartans being the great warriors that they were(arguably the greatest that ever lived) I am using them as the combat tutorial for the game. One of the things the Spirit Warrior(you, the player) will have to do, is transcend through time to train with the greatest warriors that ever lived in order to become the perfect warrior. I figured the Spartan would be a good world to learn the essentials of the game.

That is all, I don't want to make this post too long. If you guys like the game and want to see more Follow us here!- I update there daily.

Whoever does the art for your game, let him know I'd like to blow him.
In response to Rushnut
LOL
In response to Rushnut
Lol I do the art myself.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Always looking for head, slut. xD
Good shit btw.
I love how you guys have actually tried to create a unique fantasy world. I don't see that often! Kudos guys!

This is turning out great.
In response to A2J2TIWARI
Thank you I really appreciate that. :]
that art is sexy af, better than anything else made here in my opinion
In response to Exentriks Gaming
You're in the Skype group aren't you? I seem to recall your name being thrown around.

If not, come join us.

Either way, let's make this happen.
@Zagros5000- Idk about that, I think Spirit Age has the best 'pixel art'. This game is a mix of all types of digital arts but thank you that means a lot considering all the beautiful projects this site has had.

@Rushnut- Yes I am, I go by "Ron Ron".
I think it would be bad ass if we do Viking. Idk what everyone else see's. But I see potential for a bad ass game of Vikings with blood lust and rage challenging each other to show who has the most dominance. If you watch the Vikings show, then you get a slight idea of what I mean.
In response to SC3PTR3
Yeah I agree, the "Vikings" show is actually the reason why I even put Vikings up there on the poll. I'd love to do a vikings world but I'm not sure if there's enough demand.
Caveman/Native Indians

I hope that, if you're referring to American Indians/indigenous American populations, you're not just lumping them in with cavemen. Groups like those of the Mound Builders; the numerous complex cultures of Meso-America such as the Olmec, Toltec, Teotihuacanos, Zapotec, Mixtec, Maya, Tarascans, and Aztecs; and the Inca would all be quite insulted by a suggestion they were somehow primitive.

[Edit]

Also, Africa has not had a history of just tribes. The Mali empire, in particular, was renowned for the wealth of its rulers.
I'm not disappoint. ;)
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Caveman/Native Indians

I hope that, if you're referring to American Indians/indigenous American populations, you're not just lumping them in with cavemen. Groups like those of the Mound Builders; the numerous complex cultures of Meso-America such as the Olmec, Toltec, Teotihuacanos, Zapotec, Mixtec, Maya, Tarascans, and Aztecs; and the Inca would all be quite insulted by a suggestion they were somehow primitive.

Reason why I put those two together is because if I was going to do one, I would just do a mix of the two. You don't see a lot of games about native indians, so I figured they had a better chance if they were lumped in with cavemen(I know they're not as primitive as cavemen). This is a fictional game, it isn't meant to be a history documentary; I'm just using the different cultures and history as inspiration for content.

[Edit]

Also, Africa has not had a history of just tribes. The Mali empire, in particular, was renowned for the wealth of its rulers.

That's good to know, for this I'm just focused on the tribe part and the general geography. I was thinking about doing something like surviving amongst the wild animals, hunting, taming them and warring with rival tribes.

I appreciate the feedback though it helps with clarification and it's always good to learn something new
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I'm not disappoint. ;)

Good to hear! Stay tuned, there's much more :]
Teotihuacanos

Pif is NOT kidding about the meso-Americans. They didn't invent the wheel, sailing technology (they used paddles for their boats), and they had no large domesticated pack animals for transporting things. The last of the American horses and camels went extinct seven thousand years before the last mammoths went extinct. Many of their cultures didn't have writing. They didn't have the secret of iron or copper working. They kept no livestock. They didn't have concrete. The list goes on about the things they didn't have for some time.

Yet somehow, these peoples managed to build cities that rivaled the populations of anything Europe would again see after the fall of the Roman Empire until the 1700s.

We call the Egyptians "the pyramid builders". The Egyptians had copper tools, camels, sailboats, writing, staple grains, horses and so much more. Yet the Mayans (2000BCE to 1500CE) alone built more Pyramids than all the egyptian dynasties (2670BCE to 664BCE) combined. If building a pyramid were a game, the Egyptian way would be the tutorial level and the Mayan way would be a hidden achievement worth zero gamerpoints because no game developer would actually expect anyone to try unless they were a serious poopsocker.

These people were definitely not cavemen. They in many ways knew much more about the world than the Europeans of the day. They just got stuck on the part of the world that got hit hardest by mass extinctions, had awful soil quality, and whose metal reserves were either tainted by metallic impurities that didn't affect the African and Eurasian ore, or were so hard to get at as to make metallurgy a niche art. In fact, some speculate that the Meso-Americans' cultural and scientific stagnation may have had to do with the fact that they were too good at building cities and ensuring the hygiene of even the poorest of individuals. Too many mouths to feed + poor soil quality + lack of decent livestock means no room for scientific or philosophical progress because almost everyone has to farm all the time to survive.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
They didn't invent the wheel,

Actually, they did invent the wheel, but without a suitable native pack animal, it was typically just more efficient just to carry things on their backs.
In response to Ter13
I find their culture to be one of the most fascinating, which is why I had a couple chapters in the game just for them. They don't get enough credit and there's rarely any games featuring them.
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
The Great King:

Are those bugs on the right doing something naughty behind the tree? O.O
Page: 1 2