ID:200137

Resolved
Assuming this one is solved, as no one has mentioned it being an issue in over a year.
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 10.0
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
I'm not sure if you have just changed the notification atom in the top left of the site from blue to red, but mine seems to be stuck as a non-moving red atom when I don't have new posts. And a spinning red atom when I do. No more blue?
I'm having the same problem as well.
It seems to be going back to blue for me.
For pages, it seems like you have to click the X in the top right corner of that post in order for it to be marked as read, but it disappears after that.
Perhaps the pager should be it's own separate dropdown?

I'd love for it to be more integrated within the site.
Like, next to the live games, have another separator with a list of users online and then you can click their image to have a popup window to page them?

I don't agree with redirecting the user to the messages page whenever you send a page though, I think most people would use that functionality for quick paging, and don't want to be redirected.
Something like this!

http://puu.sh/eCxt

I just think the Pager on the website should look different than the website itself, presently it's difficult to tell if you're sending a page, or writing a forum post.
lol Maybe you should take all that to its own feature request?
The blue atom means you have no updates on the posts you follow, or have read them all.

The red atom means you have some unread updates.

The spinning red atom means you have an unread pager message.

Is this consistent with what you're seeing, or no?
Yes this is consistent.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The atom on the top left of the page stays red and keeps spinning even after all the alerts/notices have been cleared. This happened all of a sudden.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Not sure since it just happened randomly after removing two reply notices from the website alerts.

Expected Results:
The atom to stop spinning and return to being blue.
Actual Results:
The atom stays red and keeps spinning despite the alerts being cleared.

Does the problem occur:
In other user accounts? I'm not sure.
On other computers? Yes(logged on with my old laptop running Vista Home Premium x64 with Google Chrome.

Workarounds:
None that I'm aware of.

Screenshots:
[Click] - The atom says there are alerts.
[Click] - No actual alerts are listed.
In response to Kumorii
I'll take a look.
In response to Kumorii
I take it there's no fix as of yet?
In response to Kumorii
Even though I'm just figuring out what that symbol was meant for... It works for me. I made everything Mark as read, and it turned blue and it also stopped spinning. Hope this helps?
In response to Kumorii
I cleared my update list and actually took a screenie to compare with Kumorii's. Click here
and look at the different between Kumorii's screenie and mine. His picture has the "Subject, Replies, Started by, Last Replay and Location" bar... while my picture doesn't have that bar and only says "no posts".

Maybe that'll help for something?
I'm having this issue. I want to get rid of the non-spinning red atom, but it just isn't showing me anything to look at.
The red atom's really annoying me. There's absolutely nothing listed, blue or orange.
There's an open issue relating to this here, Kaiochao.
Also, do you see "Mark All As Read" next to the page #s, pager, and favorite buttons? If so, does clicking it clear the Red atom?
In response to Super Saiyan X
No such button exists. There's also no page numbers, since the list is empty (x'd out every topic).
We'll take a look at your account to see what's up. It's probably an unread update on something that has been deleted, with the system not accounting for it.
Just wanted to put this out there that I had the same issue awhile back(Super Saiyan X linked to it) and it was fixed for a few days but I'm experiencing the same problem again. Have been for a week or so.
I got the same problem.

~Deathscyth15
Page: 1 2 3