ID:2065816

Hey guys, I was starting to think of a more personal game that is single-player. I wanted to know, in you guy's opinion, what is a good direction from Byond coding wise? I want to learn a coding language that may be similar to Byond for a bit of ease while learning. I have heard that for others use to programming, Byond can come off as easier. I Would like to know if there happens to be a specific language closer to Byond than others? Lastly, I wanted to know if there was another engine/program that may be a good direction to head into. I thought about RPG Maker, but a few people thought it to not be as good. Thank you for your advice and I apologize if this post seems a bit choppy.
python would be easy to learn if your already familiar with DM
From my understanding, BYOND excels well in a single-player environment, and I would recommend just that. Without a system like BYOND, you're stuck having to make a lot of lower-level boilerplate code. You'll have to have a strong grasp of how renderers work, how the windows callback functions and API work, etc. It's a whole lot of dirty work.
Unity.
Unity really is great. Once you go Unity you never go back.
Make BYOND in Unity
In response to Ishuri
Call it ByUnity. Then make BYOND in ByUnity.
Spell it "BiUnity" to keep everything inclusive and non-discriminatory.

Maybe even "BiUterus" so women can be represented. Females are gamers too, you know. Stop pretending they're not, guys.