Fairy Tail

by Ryan-hemsley
Fairy Tail
A game in develepment based on the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima.
ID:2082160

So, you may have noticed updates starting to slow, and stop at points.

And ill be honest, its me, 100%. Because that's all there is and has been. Its tiring, and ontop of my job which give me two days off during the weekend every other week, and my sleep schedule which has been 'from when I get out to when I get up to go to work' I basically have eliminated working on ft in my daily schedule.

Now, that doesnt mean im not working on it, it just means when im not at work, not asleep, and not either playing far cry primal, zombi, fallout 4, town of salem, or some other game on ps4...

well, ok, I may be distracting myself quite a bit.

I also have my eyes on another project using a different system, but until i get that system figured out, I wont be doing that project for a bit. And even still ill probably need to figure some other crap, and will probably try to 'burn the candle at both ends' by working on multiple things at once.

This being said, its hard. Im the only working on Fairy Tail, so progress is expected to be slow. Especially if the update is just mostly going to be magics(since people wanted Dragon Slayers in so badly, im coding all the Canon ones in) it will add a huge leap to the count, but mostly be aesthetic until later systems are implemented.

The other thing is, I don't think Ryan will be coming through for us anytime...ever. I contacted him again, as many of you know, and he said hed pull the files out of his cupboard, then he said hed do it the next day....then he disappeared.

so, back to being on my own. again. seriously. I don't know how much i have to strain that fact to get you guys to understand that I'm not working with a team, nor have been at any point really been with one since ryan gave me the game.

So, here I am at a crossroads, Again. And Here I am Asking you guys. Begging you guys...

So Heres what I'm going to do...
Im going to go full overboard.

so To all People wishing to help with the game, but wanting credit as an admin or some crap.

I need spells, lots of fucking spells. I mean ALOT of spells, I cant keep up the demand for spells for this game AND code in a buttload of systems. So, Im uploading a README txt file and the Male Base, anyone interested can help themselves, really idc if you steal it, ik I sure did. But, anyway, Ill be checking my emails(both of them) daily, as I always do anyway, so if you do feel like helping me, and sending me files, just drop me an email with a title such as 'Icons for Mech/Fairy Tail' or 'Icon Help for FT' or really anything that doesn't sound like one of the thousand ads I get daily...

heres the download link: https://1fichier.com/?wmj9etaq67

anyway, thanks all who decide on helping. Im going to make posts here about who decides on doing what, so it can be removed from the to-do list.

If you need a color palette(for the dragon slayer spells I mention in there) just drop me a line on byond, and I can supply with the colors I used.
I can supply you plenty of good looking spell effects. (Not free tho but not expensive either)

If you'd like to discuss shoot me a pager reply.
and not either playing far cry primal, zombi, fallout 4, town of salem, or some other game on ps4...

Mech you have a ps4??? Did you play the overwatch beta? It was so fun 8).

Anyway mech i think you're going about this the wrong way and note this is my opinion so take this with grain of salt ;). Most of my friends who played before are no longer active on byond :c(Either they are no longer active or they probably made a new account to get away from me either one :P.) In the time my friends left i made new friends such is the way i handle things. So when i linked them to this post they simply were like wats this game.

How can i explain to them about this game o.O? I haven't played the one with your updates :[, and when i tell them of the game it was they were very intrigued.

See the problem here :c? No? Well then its as simple as no one knows what the game is and you can make updates and posts about it but no one would want to-btw im just tossing this in here randomly but avid has a clouded vision on what he things good looking spells r- help/support a game that they don't know anything about. So when you're not to busy pwning raiders in fallout 4 or taiming phoenix birds in farcry primal find it in ur heart 2 host the game so people can play e.e.

Small warning tho people dnt want to play an unplayable game(im talkig about that logging in bug e.e.)
et, just shut up and go away, if theres anyone who doesnt want your comments, its me.

@avidanimefan: people like you are exactly why people like me work alone most of the time. I understand, but if i pay for pixel stuff i might as well make it myself.
et, just shut up and go away, if theres anyone who doesnt want your comments, its me.

Oookay :P.
In response to Bloody m
I actually wasn't asking suggesting pixel art. I have a program that generates all kinds of particles. I use it for Ki Warriors.

Example:

I also wasn't planning on charging anything obscene. I was thinking 1-2$ at most per skill or special effect you wanted (there's 100's)

But if you want to go the route of making it yourself, try out the particle generator that Flick made recently. It's basically the same thing just requires a bit more technical know how.
In response to Bloody m
Although based on this post I was seriously considering asking if you wanted to work on Fairy Tail Prime as well.

I'm not really interested in any type of compensation on Fairy Tail Prime, it's just more beneficial to team up with people who actually want to get things done.

dude, regardeless of what youd be charging me, heres the thing.

Do You think IM being paid?

I mean seriously, right now, for the last two years 0 people have paid me to rebuild this game. Why the HELL would I pay someone else for something I'm doing for free? Exactly, I wouldn't.

Also, as far as 'Fairy Tail Prime' I have enough problems working on my own projects, so thanks but no thanks
You know what. No.

I'm done. Effective as soon as I get home from work today, I'm uploading the whole ft source, posting it on this game, and then I'm just going to walk away from 'ryan-hemsleys Fairy Tail'. Anyone who wants to work on the pile as-is is welcome to it. Otherwise, you can find me going in my own direction on my version of this creative control.
In response to Bloody m
Contrary to what you might think, I'm *not* really your enemy here.

I've been doing this for just short of 2 years now, not just here but also mucking around with unity and c# as well as a few other development languages.
The Site is just a few of the things I've been working on.

Over that time I've managed to make money(approximately 3-4,000 dollars), this is because I don't really work on projects unless they are potentially going to turn a profit. Fairy Tail Prime just happens to be a fan game, which means it's optional.

I don't know your skill set programmatically speaking, but from what I've seen I don't think me partnering up with you would put you in a situation where I'm holding you back.

Graphically , probably program wise too - I'm already further than what you have presented with Hemsley's game.

You've been working on this for no pay? So have I, in my spare time for nearly 2-3 years now. And the one thing I learned is that you aren't going to get anywhere wishing or hoping that people do things for you for free. People are lazy, they almost always want to get something out of their effort (aren't you the same? isn't that why you went out of your way to say all of that?) My gain is simply an accelerated work flow, nothing more nothing less - should you choose to accept.

I'm offering to work on fairy tail prime with you- simply because otherwise it's just going to take a back burner to everything else I'm doing that may actually bring me in a profit until I get around to it. Which realistically speaking could be months to a year. Depending on how much money I make in the next 2-3 months. Which brings me to point 3.

Your misconception is that I'm hitting you up for money. What I was offering to do was actually much more beneficial to you than it is to me. IF I was actually trying to get you to hire you for my services, I'd tell you that I work for 10$ an hour at minimum.

As evidenced by here and a few other places I do freelance work.

With the work I was offering, you can't expect or get upset that people wouldn't want to take the time to do anything for you for virtually free. That's not realistic - a fact you seem to have just realized yourself.

It involves choosing the right effect, editting it need be, scaling it, creating frames, then going into DM, creating .dmi files out of it, and then saving them.

It's vastly quicker than doing pixel art, but still puts the time around 5-10 mins or so per skill effect I was offering to you.

I also pointed you in a cost free direction in case you wanted to do it yourself. (which was pretty much ignored)

Realistically speaking though, you will be hard pressed to find a team of anyone willing to 1) do original art for free 2) original programming for free 3) has sufficient skill to make a decent game if you do get them to do free work 4) actually wants to do long term project work. I just left an 8 month work relationship with an artist who only worked 25% of that time while I worked on 2 games we started together, did freelance jobs to pay my own bills, talked to publishers and also worked to start up a game development group. Talk about huge time investment.

The last point is that even if I did work on FTP, I would probably re-tool it so that it could actually generate a profit of some type by removing all of the FT related elements.

Now it's totally up to you what you choose to do or how you choose to handle it. Just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions here. That's all. The reason (only reason) I offered is because it's mutually beneficial to both of us (more so to you).

On both accounts.

If you don't believe it mess around with the game then.

FT DL

That being said - your melt down is understandable - but totally directed in the wrong place.

Good luck with your projects though whatever you choose to do.
Meltdown? you assume there was something to melt.
Ive been doing THIS project the last two years, because I don't have the luxury of a 'team', or of 'money' or even 'good working computers'.

as far as 're-tooling ft to generate profit by removing ft elements' its kind of like something I did a while back with Naruto. It doesn't work if it doesn't interest a large enough layer base, and most of the player base ere just basically want a Naruto clone with a Fairy Tail Face, I sure as hell know that was what ryan was building.

Now, I never said I was going to stop the project, just he way I was going with it, and under whos name it was going to be, unfortunately however my irl job has left me drained and sleepy during day hours.
I've offered multiple times to help tbh lol, I have the assets you need, you just don't fuck with me for some reason and won't let me help. I'll do that shit for free.
lol just do you @bloody