ID:2082822

Not a bug
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Mobile, but this happens on my PC too
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.89
Applies to:Website

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I've noticed this for a while now, but the "Game's update" forum section specifically, isn't updating properly. It's evident by just taking a look at it. It tells us the last written message was by Ishuri at (insert timezone here), but that's actually the first message.
That's intended behavior, as far as I can tell. The Demos & Libraries section behaves the same way and has a similar purpose.
Why would this be intended behavior? those are arguably the most important sections in the forums and I want to be informed at all times of new replies :/
In response to GreatPirateEra
The original behavior of "Game Updates" was to sort by newest reply, but was changed to sort by newest post as it seemed most logical that the general interest would favor the content of the original post, and not that of the newest replies, as is more suitable in "Developer Help" or other sections.

However, you can use the Community forum to see a collective list of posts (from five different subforums, one of which is Game Updates.) that are sorted by newest reply.
In response to Higoten
I get that. But why isn't it sorted by the newest reply in the newest post?
Because we don't want it to, we want updates to be listed based on the first post and not the discussion it generates.
Well, OK then. This should probably be marked as "not a bug" then.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)