ID:2115631

Here in recent months, I'd definitely started to pick up drawing as a hobby again. One of the things I did fairly recently were a couple illustrations in a completely different art style.

Pretty basic chibi-style pieces, one was for a friend because they wanted something of their fantasy character, which looked nice. Very bubbly with a nice textured overlay that I think looks really nice over it. But pretty basic stuff.

Then, I know, my furfaggotry intensified, but whatever, it was an awesome character design I wanted to actually illustrate to 100% of what I'm capable. I do much more prefer the comic-book art style that I've developed here recently. I think it's the goal of most artists to find their own, unique expression in the sea of artists in the world and I think I'm pretty happy to have found my own.

I can draw non-furry characters just fine, I just tend not to. The majority of my clients for commissions being in the furry fandom and all. Hey, can't judge when it basically pays out like a full-time job on a weekly basis.
When you're drawing your furfaggots, try to incorporate different hairstyles. All three of these drawings have the same hair, the only difference being color and slight variations in the bangs.

I, for one, find pigtails and Princess Leia buns to be very arousing.

[edit] I also saw a picture of Lindsey Stirling the other day and I was picking my jaw up off the floor after seeing how magnificent her hair was. I will post it when I find it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
That's true, but unfortunately a victim of circumstance. The chibi girl was a picture requested from a friend who wanted a hair style similar to the other chibi's and the full illustration is based on a character I already have in an active roleplay, so I was just trying to be accurate rather than different.

I do think more hairstyles are always better, though.
I didn't ask for excuses. I said draw a furfaggot in pigtails.

NOW.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I didn't ask for excuses. I said draw a furfaggot in pigtails.

NOW.

the second one looks like a fox/slimegirl hybrid
Would 10/10 the blonde.
In response to Vrocaan
The space overlay with the blobular features do make her look pretty amorphous, don't they? Lol.
Technically, they look like decent artwork, but they just aren't very interesting.
In response to Popisfizzy
I agree. Character design is definitely something I'm still struggling with and it's something that I really want to get down before moving onto more ambitious projects.

I want to eventually work on a web comic of sorts since I love storytelling. I obviously have the skill and capacity to create beautiful pieces of artwork for something like that, I just need a lot more practice with exercises like developing strong silhouettes and working with better color pallets. If you have any references or sources that are good with exercising those skills, definitely let me know.
Amazing, I really like the first one's style.
Some kind of wolf shaman character I'd just randomly decided to sketch out. No fancy line art, but I think it's a pretty interesting mix of cultural influences. Done in a bit more serious style than I normally work, but I like it.

There's no brakes on the furfag train.

This one's actually my favorite design by far. I like the semi-realistic style for the head. More so than the in-between style like I did in the sketch.
Drawing a front-facing furfag.

Like the hair, you seem to all draw them in the same direction, facing toward their right. You repeat that same style because it's your comfort zone. Everyone has a certain position they feel most comfortable in drawing a character in, but it's always best to draw in such a way that feels unfamiliar so it can become second nature to you.

I'm the exact opposite. I used to draw Mario, Sonic, Bomberman and other video game characters in art class when I was in high school but I would always draw them facing forward because side views just annoyed my brain. Eventually we started getting perspective projects where we had to draw one character from multiple sides, which I found difficult at first but I got the hang of it by the end of the year.

That also reminds me of the time we were told to draw something for Black History Month, and I chose to draw a brown Pikachu. I had already drawn Malcom X in English class when I was supposed to be working on an essay and I felt drawing MLK and Rosa Parks would be too cliche, so I was like screw it, I'm drawing the Pokemans. I can't remember what grade I got on that assignment.

Probably an F.
I do comfortably draw in the same direction, but I never let anything go without flipping it around to get a fresh perspective. If you don't flip your drawings, your familiarity with it can cause you to not notice many out-of-shape proportions if you've left any.

When I'm drawing for practice, of course I'm going to draw the majority of the image in a certain direction. In this instance, I was practicing the actual 3/4 view of a wolf head, not so much positioning.

If I were doing a graphic novel, however, obviously it would be impossible without changing it up, though.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
If I were doing a graphic novel, however, obviously it would be impossible without changing it up, though.

Tim Buckley takes this as a challenge. B^U
My only peeve about the last image is that it's head is really huge. It's literally the same width as it's shoulders.
In response to Pixelcomet
The head itself actually isn't that large. It's more or less the fur that makes it seem larger than it actually is. That was intentional, though. I balanced the body proportions based off of the actual head size and shape, not the size and shape of everything as a whole.
In response to Pixelcomet
Pixelcomet wrote:
My only peeve about the last image is that it's head is really huge. It's literally the same width as it's shoulders.

its not fat its just big boneded
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Pixelcomet wrote:

its not fat its just big boneded

Page: 1 2