Pokemon Atom

by Kidpaddle45
Pokemon Atom
The Pokémon experience you've been waiting for!
I like that, the only problem about the stat thing is some Pokemon can get really overpowered due to how their stats scale. Unless you're planning for it to be a static +1 in all stats every 5 levels after 100, to give people a boost but not too much of one.
Yes, probably something like that, or a single +1 to a random stat every lvl after 100. Considering if the exp required is doubled after lvl 100, it'll take players a few days to even lvl up that pokemon once...So technically players could eventually get op pokemon, but that'd take months and months of putting all ur time into 1 pokemon...
If that's the case, make exp share work like the old one where it shares exp to only one pokemon rather than the whole team and things probably would be fine.
Honestly, I was planning on making a different formula as for how Pokemon level up and their stats. Mainly because of the points you both mentionned above:

It's an MMO and therefore, training and online PvP are the main gameplay elements. If online battle is un-balanced it ruins the game completely.

The main reason why it could be unbalanced is due to the game using more than 1 gen. Each generation has different formulas and way of increasing the stats of a Pokemon, and therefore from the current testings we had (with 5 generations), I've seen numerous Pokemon being OP even when they were in the same level range. I'm planning on re-working on the stats and the formulas a little. So therefore following a certain way of playing GBA/DS Pokemon game wouldnt lead to the same result in Pokemon Atom.

Whether this is a good or a bad thing, it's something I have to do to make the game balanced for everyone.
Page: 1 2 3