ID:2147175

Im not quite sure what it is, but i believe i have some sort of error when hosting with this source. I started off hosting with an older comp and when i tried to host after a few hours dream daemon would basically stop responding so i have to reboot every 2 hours or so which is really annoying for me and the players. SO once i got a new comp i found myself with the same problem so i am now only to believe there is a problem in the src. Any idea what error it may be if you have ever heard of such?

Thanks in advanced!
Definitely a coding error, Most likely an infinitely loop of some sort. Or continuous collision calls. My advise would be to put the game in debug mode, and profile the world. You might catch some anomalies from some of your functions.
what do you mean by profile the world
If youre hosting in dream seeker you can right click the top left Dream Seeker Icon, and goto Option Messages then in that box goto Server/Profile. You can only view the profile if your source is compiled in debug mode. Hit CTRL +P in Dream Daemon to bring up profiler in it.
And so once i do that it would tell me any errors?
No, it will give you data about the particular functions/codes that are running, seeing any abnormal statistics could indicate a leak or something doing more than it should. If you have a hard time reading it feel free to screenshot the data. Also default world.loop_checks is set to 1. This will auto halt any infinite loops, if its set to 0 than you're running without this protection.
If this is that game you inherited, I would suggest you look for any place in the code where the original authors might have set world.loop_checks to 0. Just search for loop_checks.

Turning off loop checking is something that should only be done on a temporary basis when trying to get to the bottom of something, not a panacea for loop problems. Unfortunately a lot of authors treat it as the latter, and when they end up with infinite loops they have no way out.
I see. I will try this. So say i start the game from scratch, id never have a problem like this correct?
You could run into an infinite loop in your own code, sure. However if you started a game from scratch, you'd have a lot of benefits.

Most of the "generational" BYOND games, and fangames in particular, are notorious for really bad code. Turning off loop_checks to stop the game from carping about badly constructed loops is a common mistake you see in those sorts of games, but there are plenty of others. When you inherit a game like that you're inheriting a lot of sloppy, badly written code that's much harder to fix because you didn't write it yourself.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
However if you started a game from scratch, you'd have a lot of benefits.

I wish more people would take this advice to heart...

Saying you would never have a problem like this is not true, it can still happen, and it's a much more common issue with novice programmers and even more common for coders who learned to code by copying some one else's coding style as most coders from the old days... Did it all wrong, hence the infinite loop problems to begin with.

The point is, if you start from scratch on your own (do NOT copy and paste code - write it yourself), as you progress with your project, the odds of you running into this problem will be caught early on and it will be extremely simple to fix as you will already know the source inside and out anyways.
In response to Genesismagician
I see. Okay well i have actually started making my own game. With my own code, well i have a programmer who is helping me and an iconner. Thanks for the help and advice. Unfortunate that not too many people play byond, hopefully i get players since it isnt a fangame.