ID:2178914

Resolved
Partially transparent pixels rendered incorrectly when paired with maptext, but only when maptext was reused from an internal cache.
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 54.0.2850.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever player moves with translucent box upon the screen, the box will suddenly change in opacity.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Using the following code:
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
proc/box(col,x,y)//Creates a box to be used as the background for on-screen display
var/icon/i = new('pixel.dmi')
i.Crop(1,1,x,y)
i.DrawBox(col,1,1,x,y)
return i
obj
scr_box
mouse_opacity=1
var
action="default"
owner
New(own, act, col, w, h, pos,mapt,mx=32,my=18)
name =act
action =act
icon =box(col,w,h)
screen_loc =pos
owner =own
maptext_height =h
maptext_x =mx
maptext_width =w
maptext_y =my
maptext =mapt
Click()
switch(action)
if("new")
owner<<"TestNew"

And later call this somewhere else to display it onto the screen.
client.screen += new/obj/scr_box(src, "new","#ccccee88",128,48,"6:16,5:16","<b><font color=\"#777799\">Testing New</font></b>",16)

"#ccccee88"
Expected Results:
Alpha transparency to remain consistent after attempted move.

Actual Results:
Opacity is severely increased, yet not entirely.

Workarounds:
Prevent movement.

Edit: Disable "Use graphics hardware for displaying maps."
Possible issue with AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7? I suppose this might just be a graphical error on the GPU side, but leaving it posted, just in case anyone else has wonky things like this happen for no apparent reason.

Note: There is no movement alteration/override with the source in question. This is using Dreamseeker.
Any chance you have a quick test project for this that I can look at? It'll be easier than trying to build that up from scratch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uja1hw9pycu5e15/ QuickProj_src.zip?dl=0
Minimalistic, yet causes the graphic bug in hardware mode.
Is there a direct link to that file? Dropbox's site has been causing a lot of problems for me lately.
Unfortunately, that's the only way of accessing it that I'm aware of, do you have a recommended upload site?
Dropbox should have a direct download link, something like dropboxusercontent.com. Although it looks lkie editing that link to change the dl=0 to a dl=1 solved my problem.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Partially transparent pixels rendered incorrectly when paired with maptext, but only when maptext was reused from an internal cache.