Duel Monsters Online

by Kajika
Duel Monsters Online
An online version of the Trading Card Game.
ID:2193614

Happy holidays!

I apologise for my absence over the four weeks. I intended to take time off from early December until the beginning of February, however, I had some contracts come on that I couldn't turn away. I expected to have them done two weeks ago but even spent Xmas day chipping away at them.

DMO2 hasn't had much progress since mid-November. It's almost fully playable at this point. The duel engine works nicely with only a few minor things lacking. The deck editor basically works but lacks a lot of features (like searching).

Since the player base is small (approximately less than 10) I won't be focused on developing DMO2 into a 'full-scale' game, instead just focus on the core elements and make it work; with some quality of life additions.

I've been developing it with the idea of it being fully web-client compatible, so it should be fully playable in the browser without having to install BYOND. Hopefully this will open our player base up a little, since installing software can be a hassle.

I'm expecting to be able to work on the game more in January and planning to wrap it up as fast as I can as I want to move on to developing something I can release onto Steam.

Thanks for all your support these last few months.
Thank you for spending time to develop DMO Kajika!
Gracias por continuar, llevo aņos esperando volver a jugar tu juego :c
happy new year Kajika. and glad to see DMO is coming back.. I have fond memories of the Deck Master System and the seal of orichalcos/eye of timaeus/fang of critias when you added them. The Seal's animation was superb.

sadly I quit yugioh all together once GX came out, still hate that series because it fucked over alot of good strategies I had.

anyway I cannot wait for DMO 2 to make an appearance. I know Hiten42 would be psyched to hear that its back.

also, I was curious. do you have the host files for the 2006 version of DMO? Back when you had those cool custom made overlays on the screen and when you spawned in front of the castle and it had a basement with duel computers.

would not mind adding it to the "BYOND Game Preservation Project"

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1934300
I've logged in every few days to check server was still up, however, it seems there was a BYOND error in the log. So even though you could log in, the game wouldn't actually be playable. I've rebooted the server and it should be working again.

Appreciate the thought adding DMO to the preservation project but it needs a lot of online dependencies to run. I don't think I still have the builds for the old versions that didn't require that, sorry.

Unfortunately haven't had much time to work on DMO2 even though it's so close to release; I literally have not had a break/holiday since November.
Welcome back, Kaji.
Cant wait for DMO2 im checking byond like 20 times per day xD
In response to Kajika
Kajika wrote:

Appreciate the thought adding DMO to the preservation project but it needs a lot of online dependencies to run. I don't think I still have the builds for the old versions that didn't require that, sorry.

Its all good, I can understand. :)