Fairy Tail

by Ryan-hemsley
Fairy Tail
A game in develepment based on the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima.
ID:2225299

*Cracks open his Dme Files* ah, the smell of a migraine, how I miss it so.

No, but really, I've been still coding and what-not offline, but do to my sleep schedule, and recent 'online activities' I've basically become a Zombie, and no one needs a Mech Zombie...well...never mind, not the point, See, I was looking through Fairy Tail Files, as I always do from time to time, and with loss of contact with Ryan, and the only 'remaining' member of his team even still thinking about it, I here Instate My Co-Owner-ness as me Now being in charge of the Creative Control of Fairy Tail, and current 'Owner'(of course, if at any point Ryan returns, and wants his seat back, ill give it to him)

Anyway, Formalities Aside, and Cobwebs being brushed off, I have a couple things to Cover, First off, Yes, I do have Ryan's Old files, so no you will not have to suffer through another batch of my crappy base character sprites. I also do have a plentiful Library of Spells both that were in Ryan's Version, and My own(as well as ones i didn't get around to coding or w/e), and Even Ryan's Map, so you won't have to suffer through a stupid map as im building it, or god forbid the other abomination that existed.

There are a few things which I figure I should mention before you get too excited, there will be quite a number of changes in the code to how Party Experience, Guild Standings, Stat Level/Character Level, Spells/Magics/Curses, will be handled, as well as what Magics will be avaible, and how many spells there will be in those magics.

Of course, I would be absolutely not myself if I didn't tell you what I have on hand....So here are all the Magics & Curses, and how many spells(note just the icons being counted for any that don't have any) I have of them at the ready

Darkness 6-28
Earth 7-12
Fairy 5-7
Fire 23(this would be Bora from Titan Nose, and some Misc Fire Spells)
Hair 16
Heavenly Body 4-7
Human Possession 6
Light 6
Lightning(not a Slayer) 4
Rainbow Fire 9-24
Watr 7
Wind 14
Card 7-24
Solid Script 7-8
Airspace 5-?
Arc of Time 3-7
Great Tree Arc 3-21
Paper 10
Shadow 6
Snow 6
Ice-Make(both Dynamic and Static) 6-18
Beast Soul Take Over 6
Satan Soul Take Over 6
Animal Possession 8
Shade 6(these are counted into darkness on my files)
Ring 8
Gun 15
Requip 30(seriously ryan, wtf)
Thorn Curse 3
Dark Ecriture 7-19
Bomb Curse 2
Curse Doll 3
Flame God Slayer 5-8
Fire Dragon Slayer 8-18
Gravity 2
Human Subjugation 2
Ice Devil Slayer 4
Iron Dragon Slayer 7-17
Lightning Dragon Slayer 7-17
Lightning God Slayer 6
Maguilty Sense 6
Poison Dragon Slayer 6-9
Reinforcement Curse 2
Shadow Dragon Slayer 6-9
Sky Dragon Slayer 9-11
Sky God Slayer 9
Slowing 2
Calamity Curse 2
Tenga Goken 3
White Dragon Slayer 6-8
Necromancer 1

so the reason theres two numbers is ones an estimate from my files, and the other is from Ryan, now which is which kind of bounces back and forth, as I didn't do a lot of spells for some magics, as I did for others

lastly, I'd like to cover a little 'FAQ' so you don't have to ask the silly questions I know you'll ask.

Q: Is (insert magic here) going to be in this 'updated' files?
A: Unless stated in the above list, said magic will not make the first batch of stuff.

Q: Are you planning on adding Gildarts/Crash/Disassembly Magic to the game?
A: Yes and No. I plan on it, but many things have to be done before that can even be touched with a ten foot pole, so chill

Q: Do you need a Coder/Mapper/Host?
A: No.

Q: Will you be looking for any Admins/Moderators to cover various time slots?
A: I'm hoping to avoid needing to gain various possibly useless 'police' for the game, no offense intended.

Q: Will You just be going off the Anime and/or Manga?
A: Absolutely Not, There will be plenty of content to go around that will, yes come inspired by the series, but not directly from, allowing me to fill some very big holes

Q: Are you going to add (insert Anime/Manga Bad Guy/Girl/Thing here) in as an NPC?
A: I thought this was a stupid idea, so most likely no, however there will be more things to kill than you can shake a stick at(depending on how much sleep I get over the weekend)

Q: When can we expect it to come back up?
A: Well, depending on the amount of work I can get in, and amount of stuff I basically already have coded and iconned, including time for sorting and filing of things, it could be early as a couple weeks, or longer

Q: Are You going to fix/balance (insert whatever coding bug, graphical error, or magic that is too op or not op enough here)?
A: Ill Try fixing and balancing as many things as I can.

Anyway guys, I'm going to start on some ground work, and try to stare at Ryan's code without crying on the inside at all.

And Thanks guys for all the confirmation of support
Seems legit. BYOND sorely needs something else besides Naruto and Dragonball.
Yeah. We need more Bleach and more One Piece.
In response to Kenryuto1
BLN is back and there's another bleach game on the main game pages.

As far as one piece, I don't think there will ever be a OP game, too many people flake out when it comes to making them sadly. lol
Seriously, its like one piece is cursed or something, while we have a bunch of Naruto rips no one needs that could go to other game projects.
ok.
make a new map the map now is plain and boring
In response to Brogoku
Kidpaddle is supposedly working on one in secret, but that's been like a 10 year thing. lol -_-

a new map will be in the works, but due to the high negative response from the 'free build' map, im sticking with ryans until I can put a better one together
ok first of there is ROTP(rise of the pirates) that is decent cuz it keeps u busy and second we gon need more O.P. FT Pokemon and or Avatar games on beyond cuz well be original damn it...so frigging tired of DB or Naruto games...don't forget bleach.........to much of those. I miss the days when i could sit down and play a decent Ft/Pokemon game p.s. RIP Pokemon serene wishes. Waiting with much expectations Bloody, ' let em down now....seriously im in pain wit all these boringly simular games
Well, I got some work done last weekend, mostly re-organizing Ryan's icons into proper files, and starting some of the magic/spell code.

Doing work now on seeing which looks better, the stuff in Ryan's files, or the icons that I made, however that also includes the thought that not all of my icons will fit with the base sprite, so there may be some major reorganizing there.

once that's done, I'm laying down save and load stuff, as well as making a new character. Going to try to include the Three character slots that was initially in Ryan's plan. Not guaranteeing anything on that though.

covered most of the spells moving the ones that looked a bit better than the older ones(totally not just choosing mine over ryans straight out, I do like some of his, mostly because some of them are also mine, just actually are formatted on the right size and I'm lazy)

Anyway, I still have quite a few files to work threw, but at this point, anything I transfer over has to be resized, or wasn't in before.

Was trying out some code to simplify coding for spells, didn't quite work, so back to what I know, oh well.
so, I'm reaching a certain...issue of things

Most of the Items left in my icon files(actual items) are 'borrowed' from Rune Factory and some other person who had some bone, skin, and meat stuffs, now its not all of the items, but its a good deal of them.

I have a list of things, such as kunais, shurikens, and lacrimas that can be throwable, so I might add up all those(because screw the rules, I have icons).

As far as spell icons left, I have somewhere around 54 more spells that I'm planning on resizing down to 32x32 instead of 40x40, including all of the spells from Hair Magic, including some spells from Sky Dragon, Iron Dragon, Fire Dragon, Dark Ecriture, Card, Airspace, Great Tree Arc, and Fire.

Codewise, I haven't worked on it the last couple days. I got two days off coming up and probably wont be playing Ark the ENTIRE time .-., anyway, so, yeah....

anyway, back to my dilemma, now, technically I've taken Creative Control of the game, however, that doesn't mean I don't disagree with Ryan's ideals, which include not entirely using stuff copied up from other games(completely ignoring the fact that ryan probably did not realize Mei used all sorts of icons from other crap.)

I'm wondering if you guys think I should forego Ryan's ideals and just go with some stuff taken from games and stuff, or if I should make all that crap by hand.
well, about all of what I can really move without giving myself a migraine, or lots of work to do, has been moved, so about 84 spells that are still in a dumpspace, but w/e.

anyway, made headway with quite a bit of code, still quite some work to do, but with any luck I can take out most of it in the next couple days.

Speaking of which, I'm going to talk about some of the advances I'm already tossing in from my stuff.

SO first off is the HUD, I'm sorry, but ryan had the Health, Stamina, and Magicka display so janked, it just makes my head hurt, so, in nixing it, and putting in a drawbox line or 3, along with a well placed overlay, so youll never see the parts that aren't supposed to be there

Also adding in an exp bar, don't know where, as well as a bar for 'curse power'(since its technically separate) , now yes, this will most likely make people with magics and curses have an advantage, but I'm working on some things to nix that argument already.

Ill also be including some code so you can hover over the HUD and see numerically and percentagewise where your Health, Stamina, Magicka and Experience are at, as well as most likely what Guild you are in(although for now the symbols will be Obvious)

anyway, besides that, already dropped in the various Shuriken, Kunai, and Lacrima Icons so they can be used as Thrown Weapons, as well as a random boatload of resources, and some more of my patented fish icons(for no real reason).

I Plan on(at one point) adding a possible Fishing Contest to the Event Roster, it wont be much, and it surely wont be glamourous, but its just something else other than killing each other all the time.

anyway, that's this weekends update on progress, let ya guys know if I crack down and do a whole bunch of ode or something.

Oh, one more thing, I just want to know, Do You Hear What I Hear?
no.
In response to Bloody m
You aren't...actually....hand coding each skill as a separate block of code are you?
that's a pretty strange way of handling it.
define skill and hand coding.

the answer will probably be I don't know
anyway, Plopped out the HUD code, or at least the HP, MP, and stamina code, should work much more seamlessly than ryans, no hover yet, but im working on it.

Also, went through and pasted up all the Guild symbol icons, including all 8 of the Legal and the 3 Dark guilds in the last version of ryans(not including CS), i also have a couple other symbols lined up for if/when i want to add more guild options, included are: Twilight Ogre, Cait Shelter, Red Lizard, Orochi's Fin, Ghoul Spirit, Succubus Eye, Naked Mummy, Blue Skull, Dark Unicorn, Harpuia, & Dullahan Head.

The real only reason these are all ready and lined up is because they were guilds that had symbol icons. similarly, Crime Sorciere, Southern Wolves, and Slyph Labyrinth will probably also be added to this pile for the same reason.

There was one that im not including, and thats Death's Head Caucus, but, w/e

anyway, nm of an update, but, at lest i got the HUD fully working.

anyway, gotta get some sleep. Let me sing you a Lullaby *pulling out a flute*
Screenshots?
nm for screenshots atm, ill get some loaded once i get the map loaded up
Page: 1 2 3 4