Fairy Tail

by Ryan-hemsley
Fairy Tail
A game in develepment based on the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima.
yaay
ok, so I'm sorry guys, but I never wanted to stab someone in the face so passionately before this moment...

Allow me to explain, so I decided to pop the map into the included files, and begin the task of converting what ryan had in his world file to my files and whatnot...

what I did not know is that, with just putting the defining label for all the objs, areas, mobs, and turfs in the map(no icon definition, or icon_state definition, just literally clearing out errors for not having all of the things coded in the same way ryan did) counts out to 729 lines.

Ill just let you soak in that as I just baffle myself at how impossible it should be that this got this way at all.

I cant honestly begin to explain how I will go about fixing this....mess, but, I will tear what I can down into a more basic form

anyway, so yeah. that's a thing
In response to Bloody m
lol.

simplest fix is to change things one by one, not all at once.
For instance if you want to switch out some of his objects with a turf, create the replacement, then open the map editor and swap out all of the other type on the map.

That should save you some time converting it. and it's probably faster than getting 700+ errors and not being able to open the map.
already moved a good number of the main turfs and the mobs in map, working on more today, gunna try to get areas, and as many of the objects down as possible, with houses leading up the rear, since their a chunk of the main headache
well, got most of the basics moved, asides from the Bridge extras, grass overlays on water, houses, Tartarus Tunnels, Oracion Seis Cave, Grimoire Heart Tree, Cliff Edges, and various crap for inside houses and trees leaving the bulk of the 643 lines I haven't dealt with.

not sure how ill climb the buildings or the trees, let alone the massive amount of most likely in-need instance for the various dark guild areas....

but ill keep grinding, probably will stop on the map rampage to start integrating combat back in 100% as well as spells and what not, its only a little time consuming, and I haven't been exactly feeling 'up to' coding the last couple days, but I easily push through my procrastination.

anyway, been listening to some background music and noise while ive been working, and downloading some files, and prepping for some the 'additional features' I have planned
taking a small break off obj/turf/mob/area moving to touch up the save system

going to try and give ya guys three savefiles without completely screwing the game up
Wow it feels great to see you haven't given up on this game yet Mech after all these years. I finally got about 2 months off (which i plan on mostly spending on byond and also playing all the wither, dragon age and mass effect games...all all of em except andromeda) so as usual if you need help testing things lemme know.

(P.S: Did you find your lost res for your soul eater game?
It'd be a real shame if you didn't it was real fun killing those witches)
no, unfortuneatly Dom is the only person I know who'd even have the original base, and even if I could contact him itd be a long shot.

Anyway, small snag with the log in screen for some reason, ill look into it, but save system should be loaded in pretty soon, and ill get the game starting to be more game-like

of course I still have turfs and objs to make sure work correctly like no tomorrow, but once I do that, and get the bulk of the map code errors out of the way, I should be able to at least load something up to show ya guys
Well its great to have a lot to look forward to. Keep up the good work.
Fairy_Tail_2017_04_09_135150

obviously no buildings loaded up, but I got the screen mostly fixed, and some login stuff/character creation crap put together
so a little mental exhaustion on trying to 'better' the magic choice system, by using something I picked up from a crafting system I was expanding the abilities of on another project.

Essentially its so far its a 'randomized' list of magics, rather then just pure random, there will be other choices, such as Pure Random(of course, bit more 'pure random' than ryans), probably a 'trial run' mode, where youll be able to test out each magic, and give them ratings, and, more than likely a sort of 'best rated', 'worst rated' and some other possibilities, depending on how views are.

the system I'm going to be using will be much more free flow, with less limits on number of magics or crossing over, which means magic combinations like BTO and Iron Dragon Slayer.

of course before I go, I thought I'd let you all know what magics are coming in right away, and what ones I will be working on for the first batch of 'new' Magics coming to the game(some may have at one point been in my version)

Fire(a general category for basic Fire SPells and the Prominence Flame Bora from Titan Nose had(S1E1)), Fire Dragon Slayer, Iron Dragon Slayer, Sky Dragon Slayer, Lightning Dragon Slayer, Poison Dragon Slayer, White Dragon Slayer, Shadow Dragon Slayer, Flame God Slayer, Lightning God Slayer, Sky God Slayer, Ice Devil Slayer, Darkness(Shade and Zero Dark are being 'slightly' compacted into here for the moment), Shadow, Earth(liquid Ground is here for now as well), Water, Ice-Make(Static and Motion compacted into one category), Airspace, Arc of Time, Animal Possession, Card, Dark Ecriture, Fairy, Great Tree Arc, Gravity, Gun, Heavenly Body, Human Possession, Maguilty Sense, Paper Blizzard, Rainbow Fire, Requip, Reflector, Ring, Solid Script, Beast Take Over, Satan Take Over, Slowing, Snow, and Sound are all coming into the main game.

Ill try and expand the list of spells all the magics tha6 had less then 6 spells up as I work on a whole 'upping' to the amount of spells in the game

anyway, as for the magics I'm adding as soon as possible: Light, Lightning, Wind, Sand, Wood-Make, Iron-Make, and Hair are all planned first(for no real reason)

once I get that all ran up, Cavern Dragon Slayer, Sea King Dragon Slayer, things like Mimic, Curse magic(not the curses, counting them separately), Palm, nd Storm are all on task.

Arc of Embodiment, Giant, Machina Take Over, God Take Over, Animal Take Over, Celestial Spirit, and Angel are a little lower on the bar, due to they have the most physical work.

I also plan on putting in a vast array of more Dragon, God, and Devil slayers, but most things past the immediate magics I'm adding will be after I have a server up.

anyway, going to drop up starting spells, learning spells, gaining more magics, curses, and combat(which is just mostly copy, paste, test)
let ya guys know when theres more updates spewing out
got most of the magics now having one spell loaded up to a technical, I'm going to try and figure a way out to do what I need to with the code I have written to give you access to the verbs, without creating any more extra clutter.

going good so far, most magics have a clause of being able to learn at least one of two spells(either melee or magic based), but that doesn't count the slayers, or the ones that I didn't code into the first spell stuff...

going to have to reconfigure some of my combat code to fit the new spell code regardless of if everything works out, but it should be a tidbit smoother than before
so, I had a longer weekend then my brain normally thought, which is a good thing

problem is, the amount of code I thought I was going to be able to do this weekend was done....yesterday, so I haven't had really anything planned for the last 22 hours, which is a bad thing

well, instead of exploding my brain matter over code, I took a nap, watched some tv, and then went to some iconning.

Added New Spells for Dark Ecriture: Fear, Suffering, and Wings
Redone Spells for Arc of Time: Infinite Orbs(atleast partly iconned by Sidhe) and Flash Forward
Added Spells for Arc of Time: Parallel Worlds and Luminous Minutes(the last one provided by Sidhe, as well as the base image of Parallel Worlds and Flash Forward)
Redid Spells for Solid Script: Fire, Water, Iron, Hole, and Storm
Added Spells for Solid Script: Stone, Bullet, and Blizzard
Added Spells for Animal Possession: Wolf Soul, Rabbit Soul, and Bird Soul(projectile spells base off the original Transformations)

I also am reducing the text that went over characters to only two overlays, because I can code colorization, and don't need a whole bunch of icons for different colored things like that(plus itll make future guild coding easier)

also plan on adding at least 5 more spells for Solid Script including: Drill, Wood, Ice, Sword, and Thunder.

A Poison, Dark, and Light Element Spell will probably also sneak its way onto this list, just to give Solid Script one spell of every element

probably will try and do something else before my brain goes catatonic on me.
ok, so after a grueling Saturday spent pretty much from 7 in the morning(when I was told to get ready) to about 8 at night(when we finally left to go back home) of doing Easter-related crap, I finally was able to drop some code in last night/this morning to fix my pending issues with spell verbs(with a nice amount of help from byond forums ofc), so now I just have to give combat a complete rundown so that I can at least use some of these spells

unfortunately, due to a massive whacking to my sleep schedule, I probably wont be getting much work done today, but luckily I already have one combat proc loaded in code, so ill figure out why that's being a pain atm, and load the other two that I need for most first spells right away.

that'll only cover Melee, Beam, and Projectile spells, but it is a start, and once the basic three are coded right, the others are like dominoes

I also already took the liberty of 'liberating' the code I had written from the need to bounce to the mob in order to define the spell correctly(since all the info is in a spell object that exists inside the person)
took care of Beams, Projectiles, and potentially Melee, so I decided to conquer some scenery

Trees!
Fairy_Tail_2017_04_19_153449
Fairy_Tail_2017_04_19_155342_1

for reference, the Cherry Trees are now offset to the left, and the 'Dead' Trees from Calla Town are offset to the right from where they were, this is just to get rid of some nastiness with the overlays.

I'd slap up buildings some, but I basically threw 2/3 of the trees together while I was supposed to be sleeping today.
So i was wondering if you were ever planning a full dragon transformation for the dragon slayers which can be a chance thing they (like acnologia in the manga/anime get instead of the the the old dragon force system)
well, I am currently planning a couple chenges to Slayers all around(not just dragon)
1st of all is the Generation, for now, anyone who starts with a slayer magic will have 1st gen. I will be inputting ways to get 2nd and 3rd gen versions, and each will have benefits

2nd Gens will not have a 'dragon force' to speak of, this will be more of a default buff, meanwhile, 1st gens will have to work to unlock the ability to use their DF and 3rd gens will be able to use it more frequently

next, there will be new code to support the 'dual element' slayer modes(note that word) and the 'god dragon', 'devil dragon', and 'god devil' modes

lastly there will be support for transformation, similar to Acnologia's, but separate from the DF of the magic type

most of this will be put in slightly after the game gets back up and running.
right, so I ran up Hairs today, just a little update, nothing big.

I also coded the Human NPCs to have random Hairstyles(by gender) with random color, just one of those minor additives to make the NPCs a tad bit more unique.

I decided to remove Bald from the male selection, because I have a hard enough time trying to add magics into the code, so I'm not going to bother restricting magics atm

weekend coming up, so ill probably work more on character generating and trying to get buildings mucked up together maybe

also looking towards possibilities of how the Dragon icons are going to look.

not finding a whole lot of inspiration, looking up spritesheets for dragons comes up with way to much dragonball z stuff to skim through xD
ok, so put 'Researching 72 Demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon' onto the list of things ive done or this game

Looking into ideas for Demons/devils/devil slayers/transformations for satan soul, and came up with a nice little list of demons, including:

Baal, Agares, Gamigin, Focalor, Beleth, Sabnock, Astaroth, Asmodeus, Belial, Flauros, Shax, Furfur, Stolas, Leraje, Marbas, Bathin, Glasya-Lebolas, Buné, Berith, and Ose

respectfully, i also delved into Angels from the Book of Epoch for various things including Angel Magic:

Samyaza, Arakiel, Azazel, Kokabiel, Temiel, Ramiel, Daniel,Chazaqiel, Asael, Armaros, Batarial, Bezaliel, Ananiel, Zaqiel, Sathariel, Turiel, Yomiel, and Sariel

as for Gods and Dragons, i get to go off the christian path. Since most of my intel has pointed to a greek/roman setup on the god end(especially with God Soul: Chronos), so thats prettymuch already in my playbook, but the exacts will be noted later and dragons...

well, i got nothing there, its kind of a giant gamble on thoughts with that load
okay, well ive been a little mentally distraught the last couple days, so I didn't do much, if anything, popped open my stuff today, and for some reason a good chunk of code off and walked away.

good thing its mostly stuff I can do in my sleep.

*mumbles something about killing people with a spoon*
Page: 1 2 3 4