Fairy Tail

by Ryan-hemsley
Fairy Tail
A game in develepment based on the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima.
fixed AoEs so they work again(don't ask me why they were broken...)

so, on my technical list of things to do I have Guild Buildings(which I've part way taken care of), Guild Recruitment(just need to run some tests and then add in GM, WS, and MC ranks), Transformation Type Spells, Buffs, Debuffs, Effects, Dragons/Elemental Dragons, a simple Projectile Spell for Ice Devil Slayer, a Simple Projectile and Simple Melee Spell for Shadow Magic, various basic spells for Curse Doll, Gravity, Time Arc, Reflector, and Slowing, plus still need to figure out exactly what I'm doing with Beast and Satan Take Over...

and I also have to code up Rings/Weapons to have some basic resemblance of ability to gain spells, code up Vendors, and probably do some adjustments to saving/loading, movement stat gains, and the ability to gain magics and spells beyond the first.

anyway, to catch up on whats been added:
Made Bullet Spell variants for Shotgun and Machineguns.
Lightning Punch(Melee), Thunderball(Proj), and Raikou Red Lightning(Melee) added to Lightning Magic
Lightning Dragons Lightning Sphere, Lightning Gods Energy Ball both added in(both Projectiles)
Maguilty Spear(Projectile), Maguilty Gomorrah(Beam), Maguilty Blade(Melee), and Maguilty Bela(AoE) all added to Maguilty Sense.
Invisible Scythe(Proj), Distort Shield(Shield) and Spiral Pain(Melee) all added into Reflector.
Sky Dragons Sigh, and Sky Gods Breath Both Added in as well.(Both Projectiles
Sound Palm(Melee), Sound Wall(Shield), Disturbed(Target), Howling(Beam), and Resonating Echo Drill(probably Multi Beam or Multi-Tile Projectile Barrage) all Added into Sound Magic.
Evil Spark(Melee) added to Satan Take Over
and White Dragons Light Ball(Projectile) added in

I also did a proto-icon for Ingots and Ores for various Metals(Iron, Bronze, Gold, Silver, Steel, Platinum) as well as various Gemstones(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Amethyst). What these will be for will probably just be for a mining/smithing skill tree ill add later.

anyway, just thought Id throw out all those technical updates for those who need to know.

EDIT: Bout time I broke into the Fourth Page, took me long enough xD
got basic guild recruitment running, as well as Guild Master Promotion semi-running, ill do more tests on that later, as well as wizard saint and magic council
ok, so seems to be a slight issue with GM/Wizard saint promotion, and I am working on it.

This last weekend I haven't been exactly feeling 100%, and had a major headache almost all of Friday, in case you were wondering why I'm just now mentioning this.

imma try and veer off of that for right this second, so I can focus on some of the other things that need to be done.

As far as that, I'm thinking I may break and just go with Ice Devils Zeroth Destruction Bow as its basic ranged spell, added a shield spell calling it Ice Devils Zeroth Kite Shield.

also coded in basic randomized clothing for the Human NPCs, including colors.

also still have to do some icons for Shadow Magic, if I'm going to include it in the first drop.

Might not include Curse Doll Immediately, along with Human Subordination, probably wont 100% include Lightning Magic, Reflector probably wont be in the initial drop, as well as Slowing, possibly Sound, probably even Time Arc....
and all of the curses...
yeah, theres just quite a bit of stuff I cant include right now without a lot of work that I am going to take quite a bit of stuff in custom.

anyway, still have to do Events like Dragon invasions/LMS/FFA, and skills, as well as stat/spell/etc gains as well as the guild buildings and npc ai systems to make the game more runnable, but it might end up working well
so, I just decided to take a look at the manga, yknow, check whats going on, if they gave gray any new spells, you know usual.

and then I saw it.

a thing on the picture for Chapter 538. it says 8 more chapters till the finale.

its been a long ride, and its a pretty big thing for me to hear, because If this is the end of the manga, than realistically, I can start doing about 1/4th less caring if I follow the 'is someone still alive to use it' rule for many a things.

of course, ill still keep 'track' of the anime(manga got out of hand pretty quickly with this last stuff...), just in case something gets added I wouldn't see in the manga(happens a lot with the anime).

but, that IS a pretty good thing, at least as far as making a solid game out of this without worrying how far off the story it goes.

now, however, that is technically a bad thing, because the sooner its over, the sooner people will move on to the next thing, little daunting, I know, but hey, I'm rolling the dice here already by trying this by myself again anyway.
its been a quite large amount of days since I last posted anything, and theres a perfectly rational reason why.

SO, first off, I'd like to say that my brain has been putting off trying to in-brake much of the code that's left to another day, as well as 'just do something else', I also haven't exactly been feeling well in the terms of direct 'awakeness', being that ive been very tired lately, these last couple days however, I spent housesitting for my Mom while she took a Vacation, so while I finally got some peace and quiet to work in, I was basically drained to all hell, and had to tend to dogs, cats, chickens, fish, and plants. However, in the midst of everything, I have accomplished some things

So, I added in Transformation Spells, as per testing status, so I still have some coding left to do before all Transes are in, and coded, I also modified Mob Summon, Horde Summon, and Transformation to do a drain on your Magicka until you can no longer support the entities.

and, today I realized my issue with the Guild Masters/Wizard Saints/Council Members, it was in two part uber fail by me, first by not defining the lists I'm using as actual lists, and second by not putting the guilds, saint and council seats in as I should of.

I have confirmed to be able to become a Saint and Guild Master, Ill have to edit some of the code on the guild one, but other than that, I just have to add a Magic Council Member version of the code, and that's all taken care of except for reqs.

Ill code in some Guild verbs and whatnot later as well.

other than that....I don't know, honestly I don't even know if anyones even reading this. I figure ive been talking to myself for the last month, to be honest, and even I'm getting fed up with my crap.

I would just give up, but I made a promise to myself that I'd at least complete something before I gave up again. and Fairy Tail is going to be that something, whether it kills me, or no one plays it when its done. At this point, I'd be happy if I could pull myself together to do it in one sitting.
^_^ still here.
Page: 1 2 3 4