ID:22713

Keywords: life
Haven't seen you in about a year.

How you been?
Go tanning (actually, only half-joking there)!

There was a lady at work who was telling me about her boyfriend's winter mood change... She described all kinds of bad personality traits that he never displays any other time throughout the year, but they've all come out the same time each fall that she's known him (and then disappear in the spring)

In fact, she said that others in his family (who have obviously known him longer than she has) even causally mention it in conversation like "oh, he's in his mood again"

She was pretty stressed out about it, not knowing what was going on and such... It hit me right away that it might be a case of winter depression (called "Seasonal Affective Disorder" in clinical terms, according to my quick research), so I printed out some info for her...

I don't know what (if anything) came of it... She said that she read the stuff I found for her, and most of it seemed to fit the situation perfectly... I think she's planning on riding out the storm until he's back to his normal self before bringing it up (he's likely to be more responsive to the idea when he's out of his "mood")

Anyways, one of the things I read was that spending even just an hour a day outside in sunlight (it doesn't even have to be direct sunlight... it works on overcast days as well) often helps alleviate the problem... They also suggest going to a place with "light therapy" beds (hence the reference to tanning above)
You shall not be depressed. You shall not. You shall not. You shall not. You shall not. You shall not be depressed. My dog ate my sock just now, wtf? LMFAO.

Anyway. YOU SHALL NOT BE DEPRESSED.

I love you.
Winter can be fun if you snowboard. Actually, winter can possibly be your favorite season if you like to snowboard. Do YOU like to snowboard? Probably not because you are depressed. There is one other great thing about the winter. You can keep your beers outside and they will stay nice and cold. HUZZAH!
I don't care much for winter myself. There is the old saying that you can always put more cloths on in the winter, but you can only take so many cloths off in the summer. I, however, would rather be toasting in 100F weather than freezing my ass off in 25F cold.