ID:2301470

BYOND Version:512.1388
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 61.0.3163.100
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

If you open an external file (like a dmi file in your downloads folder) then it will list every single god damn file that's included, all 2000 of them, in the last project you happened to open, and opens a dialog box for each one. In order to get it to go away you have to hit enter a thousand times or just use task manager

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open an external file in the downloads folder or something
2. OHGOD FUCK THATS A LOT OF DIALOGS

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
not getting spammed with dialogs

Actual Results:
geting spamed with dialogs

When does the problem NOT occur? when its not an external file

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

don't use dream maker
I don't actually follow what you mean by "external file" or what kind of dialog is being opened for each one. Csn you clarify?

One of these for literally every file in the dme.
Also an external file is if I open a dmi file in my downloads folder.
Was there also a .dme in that folder? Because that would explain a ton.

Opening a Dream Maker file will always try to open a project, and if there's a .dme in that dir then it'll use that.
Ah it appears there was

However there really shouldn't be a spam of 20 billion dialogs.
Agreed, although look at it from DM's perspective. It thinks it's opening a legit project and then suddenly it finds that all these files that are supposed to be there are not. It needs to make you aware that it's removing files from the project.

It would probably be better to handle them all at once and just show a single dialog, or something to that effect, although it's really low on the priority list to change that.