ID:2326525

Hello everyone!

For those of you that do not know, a long time ago (about 4 years ago), I made a couple of tutorial videos for BYOND. I only made a few and stopped, moved on to other things. Those videos were viewed quite a lot though, and I still get comments on them now asking for help, or simply asking for more. After a lot of consideration I've decided to resume these videos.

I'm not exactly picking up where I left off, though I do intend to get back to that specific series. For now I am putting out small, easily-digestible tutorials for the BYOND Software and the Dream Maker language.

This thread will be where I post all of these videos as they release to the public, so if you're interested, keep an eye out!

I am also launching a Patreon for this undertaking. I will be posting tutorials there one week before the public for any of those willing to support me (there's other little benefits too, but you're free to check those out for yourself). It is entirely optional, but all help is appreciated.

With all of that said, I have released an announcement video as well as my first tutorial video to the public immediately! You can find those here:

Announcement
First Tutorial - Changing Color Scheme

Note that when appropriate, I upload project files from the tutorials to Google Drive and put the link in the video's description so that those interested can download the files I used.

The next tutorial is already finished and live on Patreon, and will release to the public next week.

If you want to stay up to date on these you can either subscribe to this thread or to my YouTube channel (or both). Thanks!
New video is up to the public!

Pixel Movement Pt. 1!

This one seems a bit short for a two-parter, but the content in it was a bit heavy and I wanted to keep things digestible. Part 2 is running a little bit behind - it is currently rendering so that I can get it uploaded and posted to Patreon. If you want to catch that as soon as it goes up, then check out the Patreon!

Feel free to leave any questions or suggestions for more content here or in the comments of the video, I'll see it all.
i barely use byond anymore, but im sure these video tuts will help out the BYOND community if u keep up the good work and post consistently. if all goes well, maybe u should make a Udemy course too?
In response to LittleThangss
LittleThangss wrote:
i barely use byond anymore, but im sure these video tuts will help out the BYOND community if u keep up the good work and post consistently. if all goes well, maybe u should make a Udemy course too?

Thanks - I'll take it one step at a time and see where it takes me. For now though, it is just weekly tutorials.

The holidays are going to delay the latest episode by a few days - and by the newest episode, I'm referring to the one the public will see in roughly 2 weeks. Pixel Movement Pt. 2 is already finished and went live on Patreon when Pt. 1 went live to YouTube. If all goes well the public should not even notice this delay because I can get the video out for the public when it normally would be out. Those on Patreon will notice, however.

In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Those on Patreon will notice, however.

"those" kind of implies plurality

In response to Unwanted4Murder
True, but it also general enough to refer to any amount rather than specifying the one that it currently is, which future-proofs my message in the event that that number grows.
Pixel Movement Pt. 2 is released!

Since I have been making these a week ahead of time for Patreon releases, I was not able to apply some of the suggestions and criticisms from Part 1 to this one. The quality of this video is still a bit lower than it should be and the organization could use some work.

As I said, the holidays are delaying this next episode, though I hope to get it ready for a regular YouTube release. I'll keep everyone updated here.